• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Now in Beta: Properties panel for Premiere Pro

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you can easily access frequently needed controls in Premiere Pro using the new Properties panel. As you select clips in the timeline, the most relevant controls and quick actions will automatically display in the Properties panel.

Need to change the scale of multiple video clips and graphics? Or change the volume of multiple audio clips? You can now select multiple clips in the timeline and change properties on all of them at once.

Need access to more advanced controls? The Properties panel will guide you to the additional panels that you need.

How do you enable the Properties panel in Premiere Pro?

To access the Properties panel, select the Window menu in Premiere Pro and then choose Properties:

Go to Window>Properties to enable Properties panelGo to Window>Properties to enable Properties panel

You can add the Properties panel to your existing workspace by docking it wherever you like. The Properties panel is now automatically docked in all default workspaces and will be visible when you Reset to Saved Layout.  

PropertiesPanelFullUI.jpg

What has changed?

• Controls for editing Graphics and Captions have moved completely to the Properties panel.  
  • You can access your Motion Graphics Templates from the Graphics Templates panel.
  • Properties Window for source clips has been renamed to Media File Properties.

Which controls are available via the Properties panel?

The following controls are available via the Properties panel based on the type of clip that you have selected in the timeline:

• Video
    • Transform
    • Position
    • Scale
    • Anchor Point
    • Rotation
    • Opacity
  • Audio
    • Volume
    • Pan
  • Graphics:
    • All Graphics Controls
  • Captions
    • All Captions Controls
  • Speed Quick Action
  • Fill Frame and Fit to Frame

How do I change multiple clips at once using the Properties panel?

If you select clips that have the same property value (for instance, if the scale of two graphics is 100%) then you will see the value of the property in the Properties panel and can modify the property for the multiple clips that you have selected.

If the properties for multiple clips are different (for instance, the scale of one graphic is 90% and the scale of the other graphic is 100%), you will see ‘–’ in the input field. Entering a number will change the absolute value for all selected clips. Dragging the number control will change the values relative to the amount that you entered. If you increase the values, you will see a plus (+) in front of the number while dragging and if you decrease the values, you will see a minus (-) in front of the values while dragging.

What is coming soon?

We plan to continue adding features while the Properties panel is in beta. The following are coming soon:

• Crop
  • Direct Manipulation Controls for Crop and Transform in the Program Monitor
  • Mute

We want to hear from you about what you would like to see added. Please try it and give us feedback!

Abhi Singh

Principal Product Manager, Adobe Premiere Pro

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great!  Especially the Fill Frame button, which is something I've been requesting for a long time. Thank you.

Fill Frame will take an odd-size image (square or 4:3) and snap it to frame width. 

Can we get Lumetri controls for multiple clips in Properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh.... awesome! The properties panel in After Effects is great. This one sounds excellent, thanks very much!

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just got curious and discovered the stopwatch buttons. This enables motion animation by simply putting the timeline indicator at a place in the clip and then changing the settings. Move to another spot and make the adjustments and you have an animation.  That's really slick.

It appears if you do a 2 step move, it applies a continuous bezeir, but it appears to be a hard start and stop at the beginning of the move.  I'd like to see a default of ease out/ease in at start and stop for these common ordinary types of moves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a really nice update, and will be espeically useful when reversioning for different aspect ratios.

I wonder if this new shared clip functionality could be unified with the Effect Controls tab, so that we don't have to scramble between that panel and thew new Properties panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a motion blur function in the new properties panel. I'm tired of using the transform effect with the shutter angle. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, add fill/fit buttons for MoGRTS as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When several MoGRTS are selected in the sequence the transform properties are present in the properties window -- which is great, as there are also new fit / fill buttons too, but what'd be even more conveniet: that selecting several copies of the same MoGRT would show all the controls unified so they could be edited all at once -- like we do with several text layers selected...

So, it is a huge feature request!Screenshot 2024-06-27 094539.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the controls (which used to be displayed in the Essential Graphics panel) are not included (or are hidden) by adding them from the new "Graphics Templates."  You can view them in the new Graphics Template, but as far as editing (which meant you only had to move your mouse up to EDIT) are gone.  It is still very clunky to edit them in the Effects Controls box.

As a person who uses TONS of mogrts this actually slows down the overall process.

Randy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Randune,

Open up the new Properties panel, all of your mogrt edit functions will be in there now. Sorry for the confusion! We're working on making the workflow change more visible.

Cheers,

Theresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abhi Singh Sr PM 

"Properties" not "Properties"?

Is it really necessary for Adobe to ignore / confuse the lexicon they already use in Premiere Pro?

These "properties" are some of the same "attributes" that are copied and pasted, are they not?

These "properties" are not the "properties" that available to show for clips.

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 1.30.46 PM.png

I am assuming then, that the "Properties" Panel (found under the "Window" menu even though it is a panel not a window), does not in fact show the "Properties" that can be shown from the "Properties" contextual menu function.

Is this a considered choice of language? Part of a larger revision of how the word "properties" is used in Premiere Pro? Or was this not considered in the wider context of the software?

R.

Edit for additional info:

I guess this panel which shows properties (and is titled "Properties") is not the Properties Panel?

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 2.14.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Remote Index,

Thanks for calling this out! In the latest update, what used to be the Properties window is now called Media File Properties.

– Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "old" Properties closely resembles the Windows "Properties" in File Explorer, which simply shows stats on the file (size/bitrate/duration, etc.). On Mac the terminology is "Get Info" for the same thing.  So when Windows users think "properties" they think of a static readout of information, which is the confusion with properties.  "Media File Properties is a good compromise, if wordy, if you're going to call the new one Properties too.

I think the new properties window might be better labeled "Attributes," since the "paste attributes"  command is common in the Premier lexicon, and wouldn't be confused for a static list in either OS.

Just my opinion...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MisterAdvent,

Thank you for your feedback! We plan to continue adding more functionality and information to the new Properties Panel in the future, and since other Adobe apps such as After Effects and Photoshop have Properties Panels that surface contextual controls based on selection, we felt it was appropriate to adopt the term as well to maintain congruity across apps. I appreciate your comment and we will definitely keep it top of mind as we continue defining (or rather redefining) what "Properties" means in Premiere!

– Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anna

@Anna Lehman 

Thanks for your response on this.

"Other Adobe apps such as After Effects and Photoshop have Properties Panels ... we felt it was appropriate to adopt the term as well to maintain congruity across apps."

This is a desirable ideal. Adobe does indeed struggle with an inconsistent and opaque lexicon, some baroque design principles, and a history of poor documentation.

Consider that Premiere Pro has Properties (now "Media File Properties" as you have indicated), new Properties, and Info panels. Can you distinguish for me the difference between the (new) "media file properties" and "info", for example? Why is "media file properties" (a panel) accessible from a contextual menu while "info"(which seems to be a subset of media filel properties?) is a panel listed under the "window" menu? Note also that copy/paste "attributes" involves a subset of "properties" with the addition of effects.

Such issues are exacerbated by the dearth of documentation from Adobe (find me anything in the online guide about the "info panel" and you win a prize).

Some clean up of the lexicon and design would be welcome. This new properties panel does indeed seem to have potential along these lines (notwithstanding issues I've outlined above).

However, any communication from Adobe around these issues (like this announcement) should take care to communicate not just "new features", but the implications and changes in the design (like the renaming of the old "properties" to "media file properties"). Absent that, Adobe risks antagonizing users with these announcements.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Remote Index thank you for highlighting these challenges – the confusion between Media File Properties and Info panels, along with the way they're accessed, is a definitely a valid concern. As the app evolves we hope to clear up any overlap and redundancies that exist, including what you've mentioned above.

We will update the original post to include the change in nomenclature and be mindful of incorporating useful information like this in future announcements to avoid frustration! Thanks again for bringing this up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the PROPERTIES PANEL, I think when selecting a text,

the ALIGN AND TRANSFORM should be placed ABOVE the Appearance.
Because moving the text is needed much more then Setting the styling.
I think moving the text with ALIGN and TRANSFORM needs to be under the TEXT directly. They are used together. 
For instance align left, right, centre for text and then align in center in comp with the ALIGN and TRANSFORM settings.
I hope this can be changes. Saves a lot of scrolling time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I commonly copy and paste different "properties" between clips.

In Effect Controls, I can click on any property title and it becomes highlighted, which allows me to copy using keyboard shortcuts, which is nice. Context clicking brings up a menu with a number of options.

The Properties panel only has a singular "Reset" option in it's context menus for items. Are there plans to add in copy/paste?

Most importantly for me, though, is being able to copy ALL of the "Motion" Properties in one go, which you're now calling "Transform".

Context-clicking on the "Transform" button right now just twirls open the dialogue, and doesn't open a context menu for copy/pasting all the Transforms at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources