• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcript "No Dialogue Found" Error

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two sequences that both have audio tracks in from some interviews. When I go to transcribe for text editing, it say there was no dialogue found. 

TOPICS
Bug , Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same author here - interestingly, I can transcribe for captioning, and when I click around at the words, it takes me to that work in the sequence. BUT when I cut, the text disappears and it says No Dialogue Found again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Audio are you selecting, Dialogue or Mix?

I have not checked this for a while. A screenshot might help.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to get the transcript based off of the Audio 1 track - so mix I suppose? I didn't take a screenshot unfortunately. 

I found a workaround - downloading the previous version of the beta, 23.1.0 build 75, where I previously had no issues. Back to normal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think anything changed there. "Mix" refers to the mix of all the tracks. If you want Audio track 1 only, define it as "dialogue" or pick just it.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same No Dialogue found error. I know I previously tried to set Dialogue, but I don't know if it's Edit -- Preferences --- Transcription, or somewhere else. I told it I don't want to seperate speakers, as it's just me, but later on I will want to seperate it if I have two people. How should I tell the audio it's Dialogue and fix the No Dialogue error? I'm running build 27

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@desine1 if you're seeing "No dialog found" in the Transcript tab of the Text panel, that means Premiere Pro has analyzed the audio looking for text to transcribe, and did not find any. In your case is this showing up when you load a clip into the Source Monitor? Or when you open a sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue with 2024 version, but it's not consistent, and it seems to be triggered after Premiere crashes, then on re-launch it doesn't recognise dialogue, even though the dialogue is clear from a lapel mic. Prior to crash it could recognize dialogue, but then crashed when transcribing and doesn't see dialogue anymore. On another project a few days ago when similar problem occurred I downgraded and had success with 2023 version. But on my current project that's not working, so maybe that was just lucky. Never had this issue with 2023. Mac Studio M1 Max - Ventura 13.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having an issue with it saying no dialogue found on some interview footage with 4 total audio tracks but only 2 tracks (tracks 3 and 4) with any actual data in them. I exported those two audio tracks on their own and re-imported, and Premiere was able to make the transcript from that audio file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, good thinking, that has worked for me, a workaround for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@flipdesign, you are in the Beta forum, but I think you are saying you are using PR (release?) 24. You refer to a lapel mic. Is this multichannel audio? See this update post on the status:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-ideas/audio-track-selection-for-source-media-transcripti...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same issue with the latest Premiere update.

I was using a subsequence for sync/color, then cutting that sequence into video sized chunks on a separate timeline.

I managed to fix the issue by rendering and replacing the audio on the final timeline (select audio > right click > render and replace)

Seems like this is part of a larger issue with Premiere where the audio waveform disappears when editing a subsequence on your timeline, which rendering and replacing audio fixes as well.

Not sure if this applies to your specific case but might be helpful to others troubleshooting the "No Dialogue Found" error for transcribing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Adobe putting out such a buggy update? I am working professionally and I am not able to transcribe ANYTHING.

Adobe is really pushing hard to force me out of Adobe CC towards DaVinci for video editing 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultv501vnu4l39r,

The new Text-based editing functions are working correctly for me - in both the latest Beta and the Release 23.4.0. There is a bit of a learning curve. And you can just use the old method.

You are in the Beta forum, which is fine. What version of PR are you using? We can help you get sorted.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, the problem only went away when I rolled back to 23.2. The latest versions throw up problems and buggy behaviour with Transcription. Works once, then you click on something, and you get 'no dialogue found' etc ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,

The new text-based editing/source media transcription does change some things, and there is a learning curve. But all the "not working" posts I have seen have a resolution. And if you wish, you can just use the old method. Let us know what specific problems you are seeing.

There are some clues to what problem you get. For example, do you have "Show active monitor" on or off? And is the Sequence or Source Monitor active in the Text panel/transcript tab?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 23.5 and also having this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mikeh7192050,

Screenshots would help. Most people experiencing this are having difficulty with the new workflow. If there is a bug, we can try to sort out what is happening.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot, thanks Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mike. Very helpful.

You are in the Transcript tab of the Text Panel, but you have "Follow active monitor unchecked" and the Source monitor view is selected. Since the source monitor shows "no clips," "no dialogue" is correct. If you click on the Program Monitor view, this should result in the Transcript tab "looking at" your Program Monitor/timeline.

I prefer keeping the "Follow active monitor" turned on, since I am often working with the new source clips. And it adjusts based on which window was active before I switch to the Text Panel. But if you are working just with static transcripts and captions, you can leave it off, with Program monitor view selected.

If that doesn't work, let us know.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Stan! I followed your instructions and I am now able to 'generate static transcript', (the option was not there before), so all sorted, from there I have easily generated the captions I need. Brilliant. Thanks again - Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

You're welcome! The new workflow can be challenging.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Stan,

I wrote you but you ain't calling, I left my....- kidding.

On a serious note, since the update, I lost the ability to do something I coudl do before. I have the plain text for the subtitles (I usually transcribe, and just replace the entire text in one click and then it basically creates the timecode/sync for me.) Since the update, it does not give me the option to just paste plain text. 

Solution? I'm trying to post a video but no luck with the captions, just wasted 3 hours googling stuff no answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

holy. This new workflow. Ok, I found it after I sent the comment.

Import --> Import corrected transcript.

It's 5am, amd wasted all night on this.

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources