• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did the Essential Graphics panel go?

Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am working in Beta version 24.6.0 and I am to the point in my video where I want to add some cool mogrts and the "Graphics Template" window is available but NOT Essential Graphics.  Just to make sure I got the terms correct, I opened up my other PP progrma and sure enough.

So why did Abobe make the change?  Graphics are not displayed under the Effect Controls inside of in the Essential Graphics panel.  It is just WEIRD!!!  To edit a mogrt you would ALWAYS go to the Essential Graphics panel.  The "Graphics Template" is just that...a way to look at mogrts on your computer.  But don't try to edit them in this panel.

Like always with Adobe, they make changes but really never tell you why they changed something.  "Someone, somewhere, somehow thought up a horrible idea in a meeting and some decision maker said, "Hey, that's a great idea...let's completely change the way they edit their mogrts."

NOT funny adobe, not funny at all.

Randy

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024
Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Hi @fernando alves,

We've implemented a new workflow - please open the Graphics Templates panel to access your mogrts, then open the new Properties Panel to edit the controls.

Sorry for the confusion, we're currently working on a way to highlight the change.

Cheers,

Theresa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your points are valid @Randune23 ... I don't like it either when my UI radically changes in apps I use constantly without much notice. But the link that @Ann Bens shared explains the new changes pretty well. Also note that the switch to Properties Panel in PrPro is ONLY in Beta for now. There will be broader, louder announcements before the feature officially releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well for the ease of editing mogrts, I hope it stays in the beta version and never makes its way to the full PP version.  As I am working on a big promo video for an event at work, for whatever reason, I opened up last year's project and since it was created in last year's beta, it opened up in beta.  

So without thinking about it, I started making this year's video in beta.  And that is when I ran into all the issues with the absence of the Essential Graphics panel.  In fact, I opened up the current PP version and LOVED how easy it was to edit my mogrts.  Ahhh, how I long for those days again.

In fact, the next videos for my YouTube channel, I am going to make sure I DO NOT start a new project in a beta version.

I read the article by Ann Bens and it's cute but doesn't really explain the move away from the Essential Graphics panel to the new Graphics Template.

Have a great day!!!

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. community,

Abobe Premiere version 24.6.0 BETA (Build 30)

Mac OS Sonoma 14.4.1

Where is the "Essential Graphic" tab. I use a lot this tab. Now can not find it. If It doesn't exist anymore, what is the tab that correspond "Essential Graphics".

Thanks a lot

Fernando Alves
Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @fernando alves,

We've implemented a new workflow - please open the Graphics Templates panel to access your mogrts, then open the new Properties Panel to edit the controls.

Sorry for the confusion, we're currently working on a way to highlight the change.

Cheers,

Theresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, @Theresa Rostek !

Fernando Alves
Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even figure this out, nothing appears for me even with the basic instructions. Below, why do you make these dumb changes. Literally no controls appear for me in properties 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hilight the text or shape on the properties panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My Premiere 24 wasnt working properly, had to move to Beta 25, as a workaround , but the properties panel control does not give any elements in text on captions to be able to controlled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources