• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro 2023 (Version 23.1) hangs while loading files

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Premiere Pro 2023 (23.1) is stalling while loading saved Premiere files. The indicator shows 'loading file' to about 75% and then stalls. I had to downgrade to the previous version (23.0) which seemingly works fine. I have tried to fix it by clearing the Adobe media cache and even uninstalling plugins. With no results.  I just hope Adobe will address this issue asap. Otherwise, all future updates will become useless. Meanwhile, I have disabled automatic updates, which seems to be the only workable solution at the moment.

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Walter,

Sorry. Some with certain hardware are having trouble with certain importers. Do you have an NVIDIA card? If so, roll back NVIDIA drivers to 517. xx.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Baffy,

For most people, it's not Premiere Pro, it's the NVIDIA drivers. Roll back to 517. xx. Do a clean reinstallation of the studio drivers. Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest NVIDIA Studio Driver 527.56 for today. Roll back to NVIDIA Studio Driver - WHQL 526.98?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Kevin-Monahan (Adobe employee):

Your "advice" to roll back our GPU drivers, is not what any of us should be expected to do. You released a totally non-functioning version given a stable GPU driver in the especially stable Studio strand of udpates. And the prior major update of Premiere 2023 worked just fine.

The solution is of course for us all to uninstall the latest Premiere version that Adobe sloppily released, and to revert to the prior version, until Adobe admits its error and corrects it ASAP with their own new update. Do not wait for Nvidia to make a move (unless that's secretly a pay-to-play universe of hidden negotiations).  And maybe for once, apologize?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution is not suitable. Here it is expanded. We are waiting for corrections as soon as possible. It's not a joke to have such errors that were not in the previous ones, but why appear in the new ones. Yes, they do not allow you to work. Damn it

export file does not work - Adobe Support Community - 13403672

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, FocusPulling,

Hope all is well with you. Sorry for the frustration. I am not on the product team, so I can't address software errors or how hardware pieces interact with Premiere Pro. I can only try to help troubleshoot and offer solutions to get you back on track. My job is also to point product team members to bugs and communicate the top customer issues.

Your "advice" to roll back our GPU drivers, is not what any of us should be expected to do. You released a totally non-functioning version given a stable GPU driver. The solution is of course for us all to uninstall the latest Premiere version, and to revert to the prior version, until Adobe admits its error and corrects it ASAP with a new update.

I understand, and I appreciate the comments. I've seen in the past that sometimes hardware manufacturers release drivers that conflict with certain software. I am not privy to the development process, but I hope a bug like this can be prevented.

I am here trying to get the community back on track with the issue. I hope we can get this bug some attention ASAP.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Baffy,

Sorry about that. As you know, I work in support and am suggesting a workaround to get you back on track. I am not a developer and only trying to help. I hope that the product team will interact on the thread shortly. I hope that is OK with you for now. Happy Saturday. Let's keep the discussion flowing, but there's only so much I can do as a support tech. We need a dev to interact here. Hopefully, after the weekend, we can get some interaction.

This Bug Report forum is new, so your patience is appreciated.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The triggering action that caused Premiere to melt down, was entirely Adobe's fault.  This is an easy logical deduction because of the fact that all prior and current Nvidia drivers work perfectly fine with the very recent 2023 update of Premiere.  When Adobe compiled the 23.1 update, it was Adobe itself who committed this failure that didn't exist in 23.0, regardless of current/prior GPU drivers installed.

Instead of taking ten seconds or so to boot up Premiere on an Nvidia system to see if it works, Adobe just sorta went "meh" as usual and published the broken update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the added details. I upvoted the bug report.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

thanks for your reply.

Yes, my NVIDIA driver version is 522.30

To your suggestion to downgrade my NVIDIA driver makes little sense though. This driver works perfectly in Adobe Premiere Pro (32.0). Downgrading it because of a problem in version 32.1 would be counterproductive. Instead of going backward, moving forward, Adobe should fix the issue asap as the error is apparently found in the Adobe upgrade. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Nvidia driver 517.48 and i still can't open my project in Premiere. How to roll back the defect Premiere version to the last stable one?

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can reinstall it from the Creative Cloud application.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the status of this gigantic, affects-nearly-everyone, cripples-Premiere bug?  I am not updating to the "latest" version despite the nags from the Creative Cloud app, until Adobe finally acknowledges and addresses this (instead of blaming Nvidia even though their latest drivers worked with the immediately preceding Premiere version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FocusPulling

The status has not changed. My advice; keep ignoring the "Premiere Pro Update is available" as long as it is version 23.1. I am hoping that Adobe will address the issue in a later update. Until then I am running Version 23.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin-Monahan 

I've tried clean installing NVIDIA driver 517.40 but I'm still stuck on 75% when opening projects that were saved with Premiere Pro 23.1 or 23.0. It was fine when opening Premiere Pro v 22. projects.

I tried downgrading my projects and opening them in Premiere Pro v 22.6.4 but they were still stuck at 75%.

Please help, there are important works in my project files.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi horeseru,

Have you tried v.23.2 yet? You can also update to the latest studio drivers. The latest ones are pretty stable from what I hear.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked on the latest version (23.3) and the latest NVIDIA Studio Driver! Thank you so much @Kevin-Monahan !

Votes

Translate

Translate