• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Mark In or Out on the source monitor after Latest Update on Version 24.0

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't seem to mark in or out on the source monitor after updating to Version 24.0 Also keyboard shortcuts "I" and "O" don not work with the source monitor even while it is the panel that is selected. Any ideas how to fix this issue asap?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
24 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, today I updated my premiere and this problem appeared, I hope you find the solution, it is something that is very needed, the markers on the source monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS? On Win10 on this 4-year old once-hot Acer Triton, and it's working as normal in 24.0. Trying to get to what is the trigger ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win10 operating system, yesterday everything worked perfectly, today I updated the PR and I dedicated myself to editing everyday work and I realized that I have that problem, I reset the PR to zero by default and the problem is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not getting this problem. New release version 24.0 on Win 10. Clicking the in/out icons {} works, as do the I/O keyboard shortcuts.

Reset workspace and, if that doesn't help, reset preferences.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caleb328696056fo7,

We're sorry to hear about this. Are you applying I/O points after loading the clips from the Media Browser to the Source monitor or on the clips which are already imported in the Project panel? 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear, I did everything you indicated and the bug still persists, it is somewhat annoying to work like this. I hope some expert on the subject knows how to provide us with a prompt and quick solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sumeet Kumar Choubey,

I see another report of the set in/out not working in the source monitor.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/mark-in-i-and-out-o-not-working-in-the-source-monit...

I am on Win 10, running the new Release 24.0.0. I tried opening the clip in the source monitor from the Project Panel, from the Timeline, and from Media Browser. I can set in/out with shortcuts or icons in the first two, but I cannot set in/out either way if opening from Media Browser.

I can clear the in/out when opened from the project panel, but I CANNOT if opened from the timeline - not using the shortcut, and the menu option is greyed out (Markers -> Clear in/out). I see no way to reset that in/out once it has been set. You can change it to something else. This limitation just doesn't seem like it would be by design.

I also tested in Beta 24.1.0.55. Setting in/out works in all 3 conditions, including when opened in Source Monitor from Media Browser. Also, when opened from the timeline, I cannot clear in/out.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

We're aware of an issue in v24.0 where In & Out points can't be applied to the clips loaded from the Media Browser to the Source monitor. For the time being, please try importing the media in the Project panel & then load them in the Source monitor to apply I/O points. You may also try our latest Beta & check if it's working properly. Please refer to this link to know more about the Creative Cloud Beta program. 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the 'not being able to set in and out points in the source monitor for media browser footage' bug, I'm also experiencing the issue where setting an out point in the source monitor (on footage in the project, obviously) with playhead stopped causes the playhead to play.  Am I missing a setting or is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not see that in Release 24.0.0 and not in Beta 24.1.0.57. But I did not try the several patterns that might matter (open already edited clip from timeline etc).

Is there a sequence of steps that matters? Does it happen every time?

I loved your title for this bug!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. this is bad Adobe team ! Sloppy work with the upgrade. get the basics right atleast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones - unfortunately, the added issue I'm experiencing (playhead starting to play on setting in/out in the source monitor) is very random but relatively consistent, if that can even be possible!  I can pull a clip from the project panel to the source monitor (or match frame a clip in the timeline to get it open in the source monitor) and set in/out points no trouble, but then go to change them to something else and the issue will appear.  As well, I can literally set an in point while stopped and it stays stopped, set an out point and it stays stopped, then move the playhead along, stop, and set a new out point and it starts playing when o is pressed.  No rhyme or reason that I can discern.

I've included a video which documents the issue, though it's hard to see what's happening without seeing the fingers hitting the keyboard at the same time so you can see the discrepency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, also noticed that when a clip from the media browser is opened in the source monitor, although you can't SEE the in/out points you set, as the OP indicates, they are actually there.  If you drag the clip down to the timeline it will contain the section set by the invisible in/out points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt,

Thanks for the additional info.

> when a clip from the media browser is opened in the source monitor, although you can't SEE the in/out points you set, as the OP indicates, they are actually there. If you drag the clip down to the timeline it will contain the section set by the invisible in/out points.

Yes, I thought that was very interesting.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samen issue, on Mac Studio (M1 max) and pp24

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that is super weird! I have the same bug as this thread highlights, ie cant set in - and out-points from Media Browser in my Source Monitor in Assembly-Work space, and thats very annoying since that is how I normally go through my clips and just insert the specific parts of the clips I like.
But you´re actually right, it seems as the in and out points get set, they are simply not visible in the Source window, but when you set them and drag the clip to the timeline, the clip is trimmed.
Also, you can set in and out points in the thumbs in Media Browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> you can set in and out points in the thumbs in Media Browser.

I never knew that! If you import and then open in the Source Monitor, the thumbnail in/out is there and can be changed. If you just open in the Source Monitor, the thumbnail in/outs are there, but i/o won't change them. Dragging the in/out seemed to work but I didn't test it enough to be sure.

Truly an odd bug!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here with the mark in and out is randomly not work.  Also jpeg images are showing up gray in the source panel (randomly).  This is frusratating and wasting a lot of my time.  Davinci?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now having an issue where I can not mark the in of clips in the source monitor, but the outs work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, I can apply OUT points fine but nothing will set the in point and it's bloody annoying. I have to move the clip to another sequence, razor it and then copy and paste into the timeline. What a stupid bug and I can't believe it still hasn't been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well in version 23.6.2, running on a Mac. The only solution I have found is to restart to application and reset my preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been an issue for years!!! FOR YEARS!!! Fix it adobe, always have to restart premiere. FIX IT!!! I think for 60+ euros monthly should be enough for a FIX on this. Oh and did i mention to FIX IT??? Incompetent ragtag.

Votes

Translate

Translate