• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documentation - Known Issues - New Online Format is a Step Back

Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has redesigned the way it communicates known bugs and problems with users.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/known-issues.html

The redesign is a step back, a less useful revision of the previous, already not very useful Known Issues page.

The new version erases all previous version information; now only the current version is available (currently version 24). (This lack of documentation for previous versions is a direct contradiction of Adobe's stated policy to support more than just current version.)

The list of known issues remains incomplete. If I am to take this page at face value, there are currenlty only 4 things that Adobe knows are problems or bugs in Premiere Pro. Known issues and fixed issues remain separate, hard to track, and can't be cross-referenced if you're looking for a version of the software that provided a solution to a bug in the version you are using. (You can no longer even see old listings!)

The page lacks any meaningful way to provide feedback to the documentation team. I have written about this previously here.

While nothing in my history on this forum leads me to believe that Adobe is interested in any feedback from users on this issue, nonetheless one can hope.

R.

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, @Remote Index,

Happy Holidays! Thank you for the remarks.

The Discussions forum is for user-to-user interaction. The product team does not actively engage here regularly. If you want to alert the product team, you can file a bug or create a feature request (Idea). They do read those forums.

While nothing in my history on this forum leads me to believe that Adobe is interested in any feedback from users on this issue, nonetheless one can hope.

By @Remote Index

I am sure they are. I will alert the product team to this post. I am going to move this to the bug reports forum so that the product team can consider it.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new known issue page is totally unacceptable.

How am I supposing to help users or users themselves with certain issues with version/builds prior to 24.1....................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan 

Kevin,

While I appreciate you taking the time to respond and "alert the product team", I will remind you of the current context:

1. There are no public facing commitments, comments, or terms regarding Adobe documention ANYWHERE.

2. No one from the documentation team has EVER shown up to respond to any question or problem with documentation.

3. As you have informed me in the past, the "product team" and the "documentation team" are different things. The product team, if I understand correctly, does not concern itself with documentation issues.

4. While I appreciate your effort to educate me on where best to post this comment, I will re-iterate what I said above:

The documentation - and I've given a very specific example here of the Known Issues page - lacks any meaningful way to provide feedback to the documentation team. I have written about this previously here.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Remote Index,

Thanks for writing in.

1. There are no public facing commitments, comments, or terms regarding Adobe documention ANYWHERE.

2. No one from the documentation team has EVER shown up to respond to any question or problem with documentation.

3. As you have informed me in the past, the "product team" and the "documentation team" are different things. The product team, if I understand correctly, does not concern itself with documentation issues.

4. While I appreciate your effort to educate me on where best to post this comment, I will re-iterate what I said above:

The documentation - and I've given a very specific example here of the Known Issues page - lacks any meaningful way to provide feedback to the documentation team. I have written about this previously here.

Sorry for the frustration. The format of the document seems to be a problem (note @Ann Bens comment). I upvoted.

I'm the moderator for forums and other social media platforms. I provide support. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to instigate changes to policy or to the official documentation. I am a customer advocate, though, and I do my best to pass along the concerns of users like yourself to those that can make such changes. I hope that clears up my role.

I will let the product team (product management, usually) respond to this post. Sorry if it was unclear, but the product team does work with the documentation team (the technical writing staff) to create the Known Issues document. Sorry for any confusion there.

Take Care,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Remote Index @Ann Bens I agree with you!  I'm unsure what happened to the previously known and fixed issues from earlier releases, but I agree we should have them.  Like @Kevin-Monahan, I do not have the power to change this, but I'll figure out who does and see why this change was made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Francis-Crossman 

Francis, while I am encouraged by your posted response, I would suggest this is an opportunity for Adobe:

1. to develop better communication around problems with documentation. (details)

2. to develop better communication around known issues and bugs. (details)

(from the second link):

Known Issues and bugs should be reported by Adobe to its users in a prominent, timely, clear, detailed, usable, and cross-referencable manner - one which helps them assess and decide about updates and selecting versions of Premiere Pro to work with, as well as helping them to think about workflow workarounds that Premiere Pro necessitates. These ongoing and evolving issues should be as accessible as any announcement of new features or fixed issues.

QUESTION: Will Adobe make a commitment on this?

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate