• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe’s Problem - Bugs & Known Issues

Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(This is all specific to Premiere Pro and discussions in this Premiere Pro users forum.)

Fergus,

As there has been a weeks-long lull in your attention to these matters, I’ve started a new thread. I'll start with a brief recap of the discussion at the end of this thread here.

• I pointed out two bugs (known issues) under discussion that were not listed in either the Known Issues or Community Digest.
  • Your response what that “Known Issues and Fixed issues have not been getting the attention they deserve.” and that Adobe “have some work to do on the Known Issues section of the documentation.”
  • My response included asking for an “answer or commitment on the part of Adobe” (beyond simply acknowledging a problem).
  • You responded by saying you were confused, adding that Adobe fixed bugs and improved reporting of fixed bugs in V23.1.
  • It was clear to me at this point that (in spite of your protestations) you weren’t really reading or understanding my posts. I had raised problems with communication of known issues and bugs in two posts - and you had responded with information about documentation of fixed issues. I had asked about Adobe making commitments and you had responded with what you called an illustration.
  • I expressed frustration with what you had communicated and posed a very specific question. I was hoping that by considering a specific example problem from the perspective of a user, it might illustrate to you the issue at hand.
  • You responded by ignoring the very specific problem that I set for you, instead asking me to be “more tangible”. Rather than interpreting this as deliberately hostile, I think the more generous interpretation is that you were inattentive and careless.
  • You did list Help menu > Premiere Pro Help > Known and fixed issues. (“That's where I would expect customers to go.”) though it’s unclear what this direction is in response to. Nonetheless, I’ll ask the question: What do you expect users to find there? Because what users find there right now is incomplete and unusable. (See below).

On February 17 you made a statement that you would follow up. Let me help you in that regard, and restate, in the form a specific list of 3 items requiring 3 responses, specific things that you’ve left unanswered. These are the loose, unaddressed issues from this thread that I’m asking you to “follow up” on:

1. EXAMPLE OF USER NEED / PROBLEM
This is repeated from my post as you seem to have ignored it. It’s specific. It’s a real problem. I’m asking for your assessment of what a user should do.

Here's a scenario - a user is currently using Premiere Pro v 22.2. They are considering updating to the current version 23.1. They'd like to know if limitations on proxy workflow and audio channelization have been addressed or improved. They having issues with playback that seem to be new - will these improve? And - crucially - they want to know if any new issues have been introduced that they might have to deal with.

QUESTIONS: How do they figure that out? What resources have Adobe provided to help them? Where would you point them?

2. YOUR EXPECTATIONS
When you point to Help menu > Premiere Pro Help > Known and fixed issues. “That's where I would expect customers to go.”

QUESTION: What do you (Fergus) expect users to find there?

3. KNOWN ISSUES DOCUMENTATION
Since you seem to want a more direct statement - this is it:
Known Issues and bugs should be reported by Adobe to its users in a  prominent, timely, clear, detailed, usable, and cross-referencable manner - one which helps them assess and decide about updates and selecting versions of Premiere Pro to work with, as well as helping them to think about workflow workarounds that Premiere Pro necessitates. These ongoing and evolving issues should be as accessible as any announcement of new features or fixed issues. Currently, none of this is so. “Improvement” in this area isn’t the issue. What I’ve outlined here is.

QUESTION: Will Adobe make a commitment on this?

Let’s also take a moment to note that the Known Issues page was last updated on Jan 10, 2023. Version 23.2 was released weeks ago. According to Adobe there are no known issues with 23.2

I look forward to your 2-weeks-considered follow up.

R.

@Fergus H 
@Kevin-Monahan

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

R., 

"Known Issues and bugs should be reported by Adobe to its users in a  prominent, timely, clear, detailed, usable, and cross-referencable manner". 

We do not currently have plans to do what you are asking for, to the level to which you are requesting it. I suggest that you post a new idea or update the existing one (Address User Guide and Known Issues Documentation ... - Adobe Support Community - 13587200) that covers this topic. 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines