Welcome to Premiere Pro 24.2.1!

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Banner_24_2_Release.jpg

Welcome to Premiere Pro 24.2.1!

Update Icon.png

Hello, and welcome to the February release of Adobe Premiere Pro! Premiere Pro 24.2.1 is now available from the Creative Cloud desktop app. The new features include the following:

This update is recommended for all users. 

If you are experiencing any issues, please create a new post explaining your problem so we can help. If you have a bug to report or any complaint, please do that on the Bugs forum.

Complete List of New Features in Adobe Premiere Pro 24.2.1

Editing and Workflow

AI-powered Enhance Speech is now shipping in Premiere Pro! And with more collaboration updates, direct-to-social publishing, Sony BURANO support, improvements to proxies, and more. It's the perfect time to update.

Learn about best practices for updating Premiere Pro.

whats-new-pr-enhance-speech-feb-2024.jpgEnhance Speech

Use AI to magically remove noise and improve the quality of your dialogue clips so they sound like they were recorded in a professional studio. 

Open the Essential Sound panel and select Enhance to start the analysis. A progress bar will appear in the Essential Sound panel to estimate how long it will take to enhance the selected audio clip. This task occurs in the background, so you can continue editing while the speech improves.

The clarity and quality of your voice recordings are enhanced, and you can adjust the Mix Amount to control the enhancement level.The clarity and quality of your voice recordings are enhanced, and you can adjust the Mix Amount to ...

Read this FAQ to learn more about how AI is used in Enhance Speech.

whats-new-pr-export-feb-2024.jpgExport directly to TikTok

You can create your posts and drafts, add captions, hashtags, and keywords, and then export them directly to TikTok from inside Premiere Pro– without compromising quality or your ranking!

Use new templates, and sequence presets that let you quickly set up projects for publishing to TikTok or other popular social media and video-sharing sites.

Your media can be exported to popular social media platforms with direct integration for posting to TikTok from inside Premiere Pro.Your media can be exported to popular social media platforms with direct integration for posting to ...

whats-new-pr-create-proxies-feb-2024.jpgStreamlined proxy creation

It's easier to create proxies that are precisely half or a quarter of your original frame size with new frame size selection and updated proxy presets.

Use any of the available frame sizes to quickly create proxy files.Use any of the available frame sizes to quickly create proxy files.

The Create Proxies dialog has been streamlined by removing elements and revamping preset options to focus on format over resolution, including presets for:

• H264.mp4 
  • H264.mov 
  • ProRes 
  • Cineform 
  • DNxHR VR Monoscopic 
  • DNxHR VR Stereoscopic 
  • A custom option for maximum flexibility

whats-new-pr-colour-fonts-feb-2024.jpgNew support for color fonts and emojis

Enhance your designs by installing vibrant color fonts from Adobe Fonts or other third-party font websites. These fonts go beyond the ordinary, offering a spectrum of colors, graphical elements, and textures in each letter, instantly elevating the visual appeal of your text to a professional level.

You can choose different color fonts to create a more visually appealing text layer.You can choose different color fonts to create a more visually appealing text layer.

Premiere Pro now provides full emoji support on Mac, allowing you to integrate emojis into your edits. Access the new Emojis & Symbols picker through the main Edit menu, and insert emojis directly into your text layers.

whats-new-pr-camera-feb-2024.jpgNew Sony BURANO camera support

With the new Sony BURANO camera support, you can import X-OCN and XAVC-H formats and start working with the latest in camera technology.

Learn more about supported file formats in Premiere Pro.

Additional updates

• While working with titles and captions, you can now see an indicator if the text does not fit within the paragraph text box.
  • Quickly convert point text to paragraph text.
  • Encode H264 in a MOV container.
  • Analysis for Warp Stabilizer is now faster.
  • Noise Effect is now GPU-accelerated.

Premiere Pro Beta

Check out the latest features and discussions about Premiere Pro Beta in the forums here.

Resources

Complete documentation for Premiere Pro 24.2.1 features

New Features

Fixed Issues

Known issues

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im curious why we're adding stuff like post to TikTok built in? Who's decision was that, its a genuine concern/question. 

From my knowledge most of the people who are using Adobe are using it a professional or hobbyist setting, so why would this feature that no one asked for be added? 

On the other hand I've had some real issues with performance in Premiere 24. My playback head is EXTREMELY slow, and it seems like I've lost performance since popping my panels out of windows, which is very obnoxious. I want to be able to do my job in a customized layout. I understand with a new software version with new features there is always growing pains but I feel I might go back to 23 as I didn't have nearly this many problems since I updated. 

It would be awesome for the Adobe team to put together a VIDEO series showing users how to setup Premiere pro for peak performance. I'm an intermediate user, but I've had to research SO MUCH on forums, youtube videos to find the best settings. Love what you guys do, hope this doesn't come across as me complaining but I feel like someones gotta say it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Joseph34781344a94r,

Thanks for the message.

Im curious why we're adding stuff like post to TikTok built in? Who's decision was that, its a genuine concern/question. 

Team Adobe makes all decisions as a team. Decisions are made based on customer feedback, requests, and empirical data. I hope that the answer provides some background.

From my knowledge most of the people who are using Adobe are using it a professional or hobbyist setting, so why would this feature that no one asked for be added? 

If it's not an official feature request, I'd be surprised. If not, then other data and customer feedback must have driven the development of that feature.

On the other hand I've had some real issues with performance in Premiere 24. My playback head is EXTREMELY slow, and it seems like I've lost performance since popping my panels out of windows, which is very obnoxious. I

The team needs more information about your computer system and media to address those concerns. Can you provide details? Here is a guide: How do I write a bug report?

I've lost performance since popping my panels out of windows, which is very obnoxious. I want to be able to do my job in a customized layout. I understand with a new software version with new features there is always growing pains but I feel I might go back to 23 as I didn't have nearly this many problems since I updated.

Are you saying that performance is reduced when you have panels that are undocked in a workspace? Make sure that panels do not overlap in any custom workspace setup, especially over dual monitors. That should help.

If you didn't have as many problems as before, you might want to delete cache files. Older cache files can cause unexpected behavior in newer versions. Press Shift at launch to get the Reset Options dialog box. That can help you delete the cache. You can also reset your preferences here. I hope that helps.

It would be awesome for the Adobe team to put together a VIDEO series showing users how to setup Premiere pro for peak performance. I'm an intermediate user, but I've had to research SO MUCH on forums, youtube videos to find the best settings. Love what you guys do, hope this doesn't come across as me complaining but I feel like someones gotta say it!

By @Joseph34781344a94r

The issue with that is that there are so many ways to configure Premiere Pro. It would really depend on your computer system and the footage you use to edit. It's a good idea. Perhaps I can get an Adobe Expert to do an updated version.

This video is pretty dated but you get the idea of what to tweak for your optimal setup.

I hope the advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines