• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Morph cut - Analyzing in Background never completes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple headshot cutting to the same head, same everything a few seconds later.

All other transitions work find. I try morph cut and see 'Analyzing in background.' Never see sign of progress - should I see it chewing through frames somehow?

I have gone to project settings. Tried both rendering settings. One thing - When I do GPU acceleration my still frames look like garbage - example:

http://www.screencast.com/t/rPiWL6yL

Software acceleration looks fine. No idea if these items are related.

Have run through all preferences. Don't see anything that might be turned off. BTW - working with MBP 15" late 2013. Latest OS.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Import and ingest , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Hello mbpm, and community,

I'm Kevin from support, one of the moderators here. Thanks for the bug report.

I apologize for the issues this effect sometimes causes. A product team member would be better at explaining this, but in my own experience using it, it's not a new effect and was created when certain workflows didn't exist yet. Reading through here, nesting can assist with legacy scaling issues, and transcoding can help with other unforeseen issues. The thread contains some other really g

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Hi @wisaq,

I read that you are having trouble with the morph cut effect. Please provide the community with more information so we can help. I'm sorry for the frustration. You can take steps to ensure the effect works much better, such as using a simple background, short clips, and avoiding scaling with clips vs. sequence settings (choose to nest). I hope the ideas help.

See:

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 161 Replies 161
161 Comments
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added my vote to the suggestions, but it's more than just a shortcoming — Morph Cut is essentially useless. It remains on "Analyze Background" indefinitely and I can't even force render the effects. It's just a few frames!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just began having this issue myself. It's happening on Cineform clips that were transcoded from AVCHD camera files. However, if I apply Morph Cut to the original camera files, it works normally. At first i thought that maybe it was simply taking longer on the Cineform clips, since their data rate is much higher, but a 10 sec Morph Cut which takes only a minute or two to Analyze on the AVCHD files hadn't finished Analyzing after 30 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so frustrating. The problem seems to persist, even after several updates. Workarounds like nesting, trimming and joggling everything around are ok for the moment... but in the end workarounds are NOT the solution. Is petergaraway Adobe actually adressing this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "correct" fix didn't work for my project. Converting the subclip into a masterclip suggested by blahbalhblah above worked. I have a newer version of Premiere, so the steps are different:

1. Right click on the subclip in the bin to get to the Edit Subclip option and change the clip to a master clip
  2. Right click on the clip in the timeline and choose Replace with Clip > From Bin
  3. After a few minutes, the effect will render and analyzing in the background will disappear. The wait time will apply again if you make any changes to the morph cut after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! It definitely helped. I also realized you can do the same thing with "render and replace" on just one of the clips 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!
I too just ran into this issue while reviewing my latest export 😞
It's obvious that rendered video should not include messages that are intended for the editor, so hopefully the Premiere Pro team can fix this bug.

PS - Prior to moving to Premeire Pro I used Premier Elements for 7 years and never had this problem, so hopefully Premiere folks can fix this issue with a warning or notice that it's still processing transitions in the background? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not have the issue before as Elements does not have morph cut.

Best practice to check timeline before export.

As for warp stabilizer you get a warning on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CUT RIGHT BEFORE THE MORPH ON FIRST CLIP THEN RIGHT AFTER MORPH SECOND CLIP WORKED FOR ME 4K FOOTAGE

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think I may have found the issue - hopefully, this will be the same for others.

I found that the reason the effect wouldn't analyze when using Sub clips was because I still had In/Out markers in place on the original clip. I'm assuming this restricted access to the frames it needed to analyse. 

Once I remove the In/Out markers on the original footage the subclips were analysed and the effect worked.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanksssss it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest Adobe get this plugin out of Premiere pro and give it to a team who can make it work since I've had problems with Morph cut for 5-7 years already and Adobe cannot make it work right. Ok, it's 2022.3.1 and my morph cut gets stuck analysing a short clip cut from both sides for ... ever.  I don't know what to say. I'm speechless... Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just exported a rendered video and the finished product came out with the words and stripes "Analyzing in background" instead of a morph cut on the final video.  This feature is obviously broken.  I have the third best consumer video card that can be had (RTX 3080) so that's not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All - Thanks for your input on this. I'm a long time Premiere user, first time trying Morph Cut. I used it on my first interview - all went well and looked great. Trying on a second interview, I can't get through the "Analyzing in Background" flag. My interviews are shot in 4K, edited in 1080p, static plain background. I tried the Render and Replace option which turned all transistions into cross-dissolves. That didn't look quite right, so I went back to replace all with Morph Cut. The first two cuts on the timeline look fine, but all the rest continue to "Analyize in the Background." The edited interview is less than 5 minutes. Morph Cuts are set to 10 frames. As I move through each transition frame-by-frame, the orange banner only shows up on two frames per transition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023. Not working.... Analyzes indefinitely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morph cut is buggy, erratic, unstable. When it works it is amazing but most of the time the "Analyzing in background" bar keeps appearing even after rending, but sometimes after multiple tries it disappears. The message bar also appears frequently in exported media. Some have posted that this doesn't happen if you export from Premiere directly, But I've had it happen both ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it renders successfuly, then it shows up later in the same editing session mysteriously with the "Analyzing in background" again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, yes. Morph cut is still broken and has been for years. Fix it, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

morph cut now showing "media pending" message on 1-2 frames every time in newest update (13.0.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still broken!! Please fix!! Was stuck with "analyzing in background" forever and gave up and now it's "media pending!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to do a morphcut in cc18 and it worked well. got this shots back from grading (half a year passed though...) and updated to cc19 and need to do the morph cut again, but it isn't working anymore as supposed! **** - please fix it fast!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix the morph cut feature. When it works it's a lifesaver. Unfortunately, it often gives an error message saying "error reading node properly." I have been having this problem fairly often for as long as morph cut has been available. I have tried several of the workarounds but to no avail. Also, your phone support representatives have said that this is a high priority to fix. I just downloaded version 13.1.0 (build 193) and it's still a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great (not). You offer all kinds of useless bells and whistles but can't fix the "Analyzing in background" banner appearing after render. PP 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't really work ... I have an i9 128 Gig RAM ... etc etc .. it still doesnt work ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeahhhhhh Morph Cut doesn't want to render in CC2019 anymore for me. It crashes my PP build everytime I try to render. And because 2019 is actually terrible, I'm forced to also rebuild my Documents/Adobe/PremierePro folder everytime there's any crash in CC2019.

I've been compelled to take my clips I want morphed and copy them into a fresh sequence, export an XML, open CC2018, apply the morph, export a Quicktime from CC2018 and import that into CC2019.

Coole workflow, thanks Adobe, my time is not precious at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are also issues with it reverting to full res media instead of proxies on the two effected clips, I've found

Votes

Translate

Translate