• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Premiere Pro is Crashing/Freezing up my cpu EVERY time I try to use Essential Sound  "Enhance"

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is Crashing/Freezing up my cpu EVERY time I try to use Essential Sound  "Enhance".   It crashes/freezes under multiple instances. 

This is after the lates mac OS update and adobe update

If I do the following.

• After I do the standard of choosing "Dialouge" in Audio type..
  • Enhance Struggles to "Enhance Speech" and crashes or freezes my entire computer
  • use "Enhance Speech" on multiple clips it crashes the cpu/Freezes.
  • shorten or lengthen the clip AFTER "Enhance Speech" actually works it crashes the cpu/freezes up.
  • use the mouse in ANY way while "Enhance Speech" is processing it crashes the cpu/freezes up.
  • Move a clip it crashes the cpu/freezes.

I have spent hours on the phone with adobe, they have tried every single thing under sun like.

• Changing pp Prefrence files
  • using and earlier version of pp
  • uninstall
  • reinstall
  • new user account on mac
  • I'm sure there are many other things they did I have not described

I tried

• Transcoding to different codecs (no luck)
  • uninstall
  • reinstall

The only success I have had is by cutting the clips into smaller pieces.  and even then with too many clips being processed it Crashes/freezes the cpu.
I hope ADOBE can work this out because it is a great feature that should work on our subscriptions.

• Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 9.28.12 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-25 at 9.28.48 AM.png
Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability , Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this bug, we're aware of this issue and are trying to resolve it. Thanks for your patience as we investigate work on a fix!

David

Product Manager, Audio, Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Hi @Janice5CFE I'm sorry this is happening. We're aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
48 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I have an edit where I've applied Audio enhance to my clips and then decide to make an edit to that clip, audio enhance starts to process again and without fail my computer crashes. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there is a solution. 

I'm running on Sonoma 14.4 and Premiere 24.2.1

The only workaround I've found so far is if someone saves a copy on another computer for me I can reopen it without issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also forgot to menion if I try to use "Remix" in anyway while using "Enhance", It crashes/freezes the CPU as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing on my Imac.

Computer freezes erratically and reboot when using « enhance speech » Adobe in Premiere Pro.

iMac20,2
Intel Core i9 10 cores 3,6 GHz
Ram 96 Go

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 Go

Sonoma 14.4.1

Premiere Pro 24.3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I noticed was that the external drives on my mac have to be re-indexed after using Enhance or Remix.  I wonder if they can't work together like they used to before the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My theory is this is an intel mac issue. I have never been able to recreate this issue on an M series mac.

-- Current system (May 2024): MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2021 Apple M1 Max 64 GB RAM macOS 14.5 (23F79) | Premiere Pro 24.5.0 (build 57)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The enhanced speech feature keeps freezing up and then crashing my iMac.  It's a top of the line 2020 model so it's not that old.  Every time I edit any clip with enhanced speech on it kills it.  Then when I go to open the project again it automatically crashes it again because it starts to render the enhanced speech out as soon as it opens.  I cleared the cache.

Any Ideas on why this might be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ssgt.barnes2010 @david.parke @jeromer90612266 Thanks for letting us know about this, I'm sorry it's happening. I was able to make it happen on my Intel Mac system as well, and we have a fix in Premiere Pro (Beta). If you're able to install the Beta from the Creative Cloud app, and try Enhance Speech, we are thinking it should work for you now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just refreshed Creative Cloud and updated to 24.5.0 BETA (Build 25) on my 2019 MacPro running macOS 14.4.1 (23E224) and still had a macOS crash when throwing about 20 clips into the Enhance feature.

davidparke_0-1714429151241.png

Untitled.jpg

-- Current system (May 2024): MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2021 Apple M1 Max 64 GB RAM macOS 14.5 (23F79) | Premiere Pro 24.5.0 (build 57)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ill give it a try!  I will say one thing it seems to do is make my mac not be able to find files in the finder.  So I had to re index several times on my last project.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it, the origional enhancment worked, HOWEVER, once I decided to try to make any cuts to the clip that involved audio, it had to "Re"Enhance it for its new cut and caused the same crash, it froze up my entire computer and I had to an hard restart.  My thoughts are it MIGHT be an indexing issue or file structrue failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mattchristensen 

@Kevin-Monahan 

Matt Christensen,

It sounds like this issue has been replicated and acknowledged by Adobe.

Why is it not documented as a Known Issue in order to help users?

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. Any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gregl5815940,   Never easy to troubleshoot premiere problems from a distance so please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and if you have any 3rd party plugins installed for Premiere... Also, sequence settings and clip properties can also help. Although you can throw almost any format into premiere, some formats can be problematic, particularly on an underpowered system.

Corey5E80, and if you're still having the issue, post back and we can start going thru the preliminary troubleshooting steps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear @Captin Stubing, Hi @Captin Stubing,

Please file a bug report in the following format so the team can repro: How do I write a bug report?

Please also check the current Beta to see if the issue is fixed.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! My computer crashed like 6 times lately due to this tool...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Evelyn357622500xi4 & @Javispics,

Thanks for letting the team know about your issue. Can you provide details about your case so that they can reproduce your bug? See: How do I write a bug report?

I hope the team or the community can help you.

Take Care,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for months - I have a feeling it's with the Radeon Pro cards on the last generations of Intel iMacs. I use an external USB-C NVME drive to boot, so was able to test on a 2019 iMac w/ a basic video card vs my 2019 i9 / 9700XT 

It will crash I believe using intense GPU-accelerated actions. Often it won't initially reboot but after 30 minuts of work it will start rebooting in Premiere. I'm on a clean install and using the latest beta as well as the regular versions, to the same effect.

I know the Pro cards took forever to gain support. If I dual boot into Windows 11 on my iMac, I can edit the same footage with no issues. 

It's been a real productivity killer and has forced me to start learning other software. Hope this helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ssgt.barnes2010,

Matt is on PTO, I believe. I will have to ask for your patience in getting a response from the product team about this bug. Sorry about that.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The product team has acknowledged this bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Issue - Premiere 24.3 crashes when trying to use the enhance audio tool on any audio. Im currently using a MacBook pro with Sonoma 14.5
  • System Specs:
    • Processor: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

• Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

• Memory: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

•  
  • Audio files all crash whether .WAV or .MP3
  • Steps to reproduce - Create a project, Input audio file through drag and drop feature, select the audio file in the timeline and click the enhance audio button, expect to see audio somewhat changed, watch the screen freeze and computer crash (At least for me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Cole33345695tw1e,

Thanks for posting the information. It is appreciated.

Unfortunately, I could not reproduce your error with an mp3 test file; however, my MacBook Pro uses an M1 chip instead of an Intel chip.

Can anyone in the community reproduce the error? Please post and let me know. In the meantime, I can ask a team member to try the same.

Thanks for any added information. I hope we can get this issue fixed for you ASAP.

Take Care,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Cole33345695tw1e,

I just noticed something; It appears that I'm running macOS 14.1. I'll update and see if I can reproduce your bug after doing so.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this bug, we're aware of this issue and are trying to resolve it. Thanks for your patience as we investigate work on a fix!

David

Product Manager, Audio, Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere always freezes up and is unresponsive when I try to us the new "Enhance Speech" tool under Essential Sounds on my clips.

My operating system: iMac 2020

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 12.03.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate