• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro timeline is 5x faster? I would say it's 5 times slower

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to edit a video with proxy files, at 1/8 resolution, and can't see nothing when scrolling in timeline. Only by playing the video I can see that and it always stop to think. With Premiere 2024, is it truly the worst garbage ever?

Mod note: Edited for content. Please abide by Adobe Community Guidelines.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
26 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even work. I am trying to play 720 proxy videos and premiere is as slow as if they were 8k videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Arnau5CC1,

Thanks for the note. I read you're having performance issues. Can you give us a read on the source media you are using? System specs like CPU/GPU/RAM/HDs. I hope the community can help. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there's nothing in your post to help us help you. And the vast majority of us users are getting pretty good playback and general performance. Some, like you, aren't.

And the vast majority of those things can be fixed through troubleshooting. Not all, but most.

So ... complete details of your OS, CPU/RAM/GPU and GPU driver, drives and their types and connections to the motherboard, media used, effects and 3rd party things used.

Plus is this on a project updated or a new project in 2024? And on other new projects also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz, 24 GB RAM, EVGA 1060, SSD disk

The exact same spcs that my comouter had yesterdar before updating to Premiere 2024, when I could edit without no problem. I don't believe that other users get good responses at this update, Premiere is just crashing on my, imposible to run, not even a timeline with proxy at 1/8 resolution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an totally new project created today. I should stop paying this garbage premiere and go to DaVinci, this software is getting always worse, now I can't work because adobe developers never know how to do a decent work. EVERY UPDATE comes with problems!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

look : it crashes just opneing...

Arnau5CC1_0-1701220864826.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for many years I used cracked Premiere and almoste never had problems. Since I buyed the license and updated frequentlly there is always problems. Stupid things that premiere 2018 could do premiere 2023 does wrong.

Mod note: Edited for content. Abide by Adobe Community Guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downgraded to Adobe Premiere 2023. I try to play the EXACT same footage in the timeline, but this time at complete resolution and not even using proxys. And it works perfect.

As my post says, Premiere 2024 is not 5x faster, is 10 times slower. You should give back the money to your subscribers, I should use a cracked 2023 version, paying for the latest update is not worth it when every update is onlya headache!

Mod note: Edited for content. Please do not disparage other people. Abide by Adobe Community Guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and now I can open a 5 hours work project at premiere 2023, so I have to decide if I do it all again or I work a turtle speed with this crap 2024. Again updated, again at x10 slower speed. How can you say that this garbage update gives 5x speed!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*can't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if I turn off proxies Premiere 2024 crashes! With premiere 2023 it works, with Premiere 2024 crashes because it can handles the info!!! Why is this billionaire company sooooooo bad!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnau5CC1_0-1701223252540.png

crash and crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it, I am giving up my subscription, I already asked my company to give me their Adobe account name and password. I will not pay anymore 260 USD a year for this garbage software, I rather use my companys account.

Mod note: Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double click a proxy 480 file and it lasts 10 seconds to open it. GAAAAAAAAAAAAARBAGE!!!!!

Arnau5CC1_0-1701226556873.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even cleaning all the cache. If I move throught timeline everytime that I switch to a different clip it gets stuck. The porblem is that this program can't conect fast to video source, even if they are veeeery small. 2024 and Premiere software can't even connect porperly to footage. 

Mod note: Edited for content. Profanity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just understand, this is on your machine ... not mine, nor many others.

That's a 2017 CPU, with only six cores ... rather smallish by 'modern' standards. And I know what a freaking pain it is to have a good machine that's "ancient" in what, four years? Because I've done that dance since the late 1980's. But that CPU is six years old. And the 1060 GPU is also nearly at end of support.

I think the things that modernized the code for newer machines may well be past what your machine knows what to do with. Sadly. So yea, 2023 may be a much better fit for that machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just talks bad about pemiere, not about my machine. And many people is complaining about that with new computers. Anyway, I am giving up subscription, if Adobe is not duing their job I will not continue to pay for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the frustration. But a high-end app like Premiere isn't going to be held back to work with old hardware. The main user base would scream about it rather emphatically.

I also try to run a rig as long as possible ... and I've been able to get a pretty decent rig for whatever time I'm getting it, and run for about four years. Then I replace and move the old rig to my secondary/backup rig. 

So my current backup rig is six years old, 8 cores/32GB of RAM, and does maybe a little better than yours. Not much. About what I would expect.

But that isn't saying anything bad about either the hardware or Premiere or the devs for it. It's just computer Life. Constant, over the 30+ years our business has been running computers. I  don't know how many computers I've owned there at this time. A lot over the years. At times we've had up to five 'new' rigs and a couple backups. So we've had tons of experience, from the late 1980's on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, Mr. Neil has already decided that the problem is the CPU. Even if I already said, other users with newer CPU are complaining for the same thing. I am not buying a new CPU to prove you that the problem is Adobe, not my computer. Premiere is garbage and I am still using it just because at this time I have no time to learn how to use Da Vinci. Even so I am going to give up suscription.

Edited for content: Please abide by Adobe guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Arnau5CC1,

Thanks for your message. Your system works under v.23 but does not with v.24. Kinda crazy. Something else might be amiss. I see those with more powerful systems having a similar issue, so, although your system is underpowered, it should still be working, especially with proxies. I hope we can help you figure out what's going on here.

Have you done any troubleshooting like deleting all media cache or resetting preferences? Have you done any updates to Windows recently? More info might help. I am sorry for the frustration you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All caché erased, all preferences reseted and Windows actualized to 22H2. Also I moved all the proxys 480 to the ssd drive where premiere is installed. And still having the same problem, when moving throught timeline images get stuck as it if were a 8k video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advise, now even Premiere 2023 is failing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: it keeps runing veeeeeeeeeery slow. But I discovered that if I grab the 1024x540 proxys and I put them into the timeline, they work well. The bug seems to be related to hability of Premiere to process linked proxys. It is running proxys at the same speed of original file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnau5CC1_0-1701309243281.png

It shows as proxys were conected, but it fails to use them

Votes

Translate

Translate