• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Several Problems with Text Window associated with Captions/Subtitles

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into several problems with text windows associated with captions/subtitles. These are all occurring in Adobe Premiere Pro 2023, V 23.3.0 (Build 69)

1. The text window cannot be docked anywhere.
2. If I switch to Export Tab, the window stays in its current position on top of everything else. It cannot be moved and it cannot be closed. Sometimes its position obscures something in the tab that I want to see.
3. When using down arrow to scroll within the window, I can move from one caption to the next, but the display does not update when I down-arrow past the bottom of the visible range.
4. When I close the Window, then subsequently double-click on ANY caption tile in the subtitle track, the window re-opens but sometimes does not repopulate itself, and there is no "refresh" button on the window to force the captions to reload.

I've created a video to explain all of these problems. Here is the link: https://app.screencast.com/fNRHByEEntIJi

Thank you.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Effects , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that's Premiere Pro V 23.2.0 (Build 69). Fat fingers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Soulancipation,

Version 23.2 is now dated. The last update to 23.x is 23.6, and 24.0 has now been released. There will be no fixes to any issues you are seeing in 23.2. Some of what you are seeing is probably correct.

I no longer have 23.2, so tested in 23.6.

For example, once a panel is undocked (you can still see the undock command, greyed out in the menu), there is no "dock" command. You get your workspace back to original by using "Reset to saved layout" in the workspace menu. Also, to drag a panel to dock, drag it by the panel name (i.e. the word "Text"), not the header bar.

But I was able to crash PR 23.6 by undocking the text panel, closing it, then double-clicking a caption. This did not happen if it was docked. And didn't happen if it was undocked and was not closed.

1, 2,  and 4 are issues, but at least 1, and possibly 4 should resolve with going to a standard workspace, or if you are already in a standard workspace (e.g. Captions and Graphics), Reset to Saved Workspace.  If that doesn't work, reset preferences.

3 is probably that "Enable Autoscrolling" is deselected. Give that a try.

I also tested and demonstrated the Text panel crash in Beta 24.1 Build 49. Bug reported:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-bugs/text-panel-issue-crashes-pr-23-2-23-6-24-0-bet...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate