• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIXED Issue: Export mode fails to load in Premiere Pro 23.2 and 23.3

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of an issue that prevents Export mode from loading for some users. When clicking Export in the header bar, a loading spinner is shown, but export mode fails to load.  Selecting File > Export > Media or using the keyboard shortcut Command/Control+M, there is no result; you just stay in Edit mode.  In these situations, exports won’t work in Premiere Pro.  When in this state, Quick Export also fails to function.

This issue is known to affect Premiere Pro versions 23.2 and 23.3 on Mac and Windows.

If you are experiencing this issue, please update to version 23.4 or later to get the fix

If you can't update to 23.4, here are some workarounds to successfully complete your export in 23.3, 23.2:

Workaround #1 – Export with Media Encoder (RECOMMENDED)

1. Launch Adobe Media Encoder.
  2. Select File > Add Premiere Pro Sequence.
  3. Navigate to your project file on disk and use the subsequent dialog to choose the sequence you want to export.

Workaround #2 – Reset Premiere Pro preferences

1. Hold the option key while launching Premiere Pro.
  2. Choose Reset Preferences in the “Reset Options” dialog.
  3. Exports will now be successful.

Workaround #3 – Avoid using the “Match sequence preview settings” preset

1. Do not choose the “Match sequence preview settings” preset in Export mode
  2. Choose another preset such as “Apple ProRes 422 LT” which will make a MOV file and match the sequence resolution, framerate, and preview render format (the same result as choosing Match sequence preview settings) –or– “Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate” which will make a high-quality MP4 file.
  3. If you use “Match sequence preview settings” once, you will have to reset your preferences to export again successfully.

Our engineers understand the problem well and are currently working on a fix. We’ll update this post when it becomes available.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

This issue is fixed in 23.4, which has just been released.  Update to 23.4 to get this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Hello Becci and others on the thread,

I can understand how frustrating this issue is. I see the problem here on forums and on social media platforms. I hope I can offer some relief. The known workarounds are:

1. Choose File > Export > Send to Adobe Media Encoder
  2. Reset preferences. This can work with new projects created in 23.3.
  3. For updated projects created in an earlier version of Premiere Pro, import the project into a new 23.3 project.

I apologize that this is happening to you. I raised th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hello Community,

A product manager has announced that this bug has been fixed in Premiere Pro 23.4. Please update to 23.4 or later to be free of this issue.

We appreciate your patience while the team fixed this bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
302 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer support finally helped me with the issue and we solved it. Somehow the adobe apps got moved to my icloud and were "being stored in the cloud" so frustrating because I had no idea and icloud just did it automatically. Had to change some settings and got things to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to create a short using Premiere Pro. My video is ready to export but when I go to export I only get the spinning wheel and it doesn't load. Please assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also worked for me.  So frustrating.  Constant bugs with fonts from creative cloud syncing, Maxon plugins not loading correctly, BSOD crashes from Premiere not liking new Nvidia drivers, I see why everyone is switching to Resolve.  Why am I paying $60 a month for this?

BUT... resetting preferences does allow me to finally export my video.  Yay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted to 23.2 and it still doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have exactly the same problem after updating to 23.3. Whichever project I select I can't get past the spinning wheel to export the files.

Windows 11

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor - 64GB RAM

Someone from Adobe needs to have a look at this and patch the bug. I'll have to roll back this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here this morning on Windows.

CTRL+M doesn't do anything.

File > Export doesn't do anything.

If I click on Export in the pointless bar along the top, it takes you to a 'loading' spinning wheel. Which of course never completes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick follow up - it's happening on all projects. Not a specific one. I had to import the sequence via Media Encoder to actually render something out. 

What a ridiculous bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried resetting preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reset, went to a previous version, and uninstall with the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround use Send to Media Encoder from the file dropdown menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an option to send to media encoder. Still have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not state your Pr version I assume you are using 23.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes pr 23.3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you have to option to send to AME directly.

File > export > send to AME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is an option, but it's far from ideal. My render time has also increased dramatically, and I've had warnings about not being able to use graphics hardware and all sorts.

It's not a stable release - there's a lot not right that I'm experiencing, and we shouldn't have to put up with workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, Right now, I'm two version back to make it work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue with me.... I can't keep resetting preferences everytime I need to export. 

Help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION:

I just got off the phone with support and they fixed this issue for me. I am on a MAC. The culprit was my custom workspaces. The agent said that the export tab / CMD+M is not working because one of my workspaces may have been corrupted after the new update.  

What I had to do was rename the "Premiere Pro" folder to something else so that when I opened Premiere Pro again, it would create a new folder and NOT load my custom workspaces.

This folder for me was found in DOCUMENTS > ADOBE > PREMIERE PRO.

Close Premiere > Rename the Folder > Re-Open Premiere. 

The only CON is that the custom workspaces you may have had are no longer available. You can copy and paste them from the renamed folder but just be careful because they may have been corrupted and thus causing the problem to happen again. 

Hope this helps someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having this issue too.... I've tried rolling back to v23 but no luck. My workaround was 'using v23' editing the sequence as usual in PP, saving it, closing PP then opening the sequence in Media Encoder, then choosing the sequence to export. Media encoder had no issues exporting.

Such a weird issue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spent a long time on this trying to make 23.3 work.  Tried resetting preferences, clearing media cache, and removing all custom workspaces in case one of those is corrupt. NONE worked, tried uninstall/reinstall, above again in a couple different ways, same result.  After it works initially, quit Premiere, open again, no export options/spinning wheel/can't export via AME.  ONLY thing that worked...going back to 23.2 instead of using 23.3.  Smooth sailing after that.  Waiting until next update before treading in these waters again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this one a lot - Spent a long time on this trying to make 23.3 work.  Tried resetting preferences, clearing media cache, and removing all custom workspaces in case one of those is corrupt. NONE worked, tried uninstall/reinstall, above again in a couple different ways, same result.  After it works initially, quit Premiere, open again, no export options/spinning wheel/can't export via AME.  ONLY thing that worked...going back to 23.2 instead of using 23.3.  Smooth sailing after that.  Waiting until next update before treading in these waters again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¡Hola Comunidad! Necesito que me den una mano. A la hora de querer exportar cualquier tipo de proyecto, el premiere no entiende la acción y no me abre la solapa de exportación. Cuando quiero exportar desde premiere, queda dando vueltas sin comenzar el renderizado. Tampoco me deja mandar nada al Encoder, es como si no comprendiera la acción. Encima, no es con ningun proyecto en particular, ya que creo cualquier secuencia de 0 y pasa lo mismo.

Ya probe desinstalando el premiere y el creative cloud, y cambiando el procesador encargado de la exportación y no funciono.

¿Alguna idea de que pasa o como solucionarlo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a professional who knows adobe products inside and out. Please do not assume I'm an idiot here. I can edit just fine. I get a blue spinning wheel whenever I export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just here to rant, or do you want help?

FAQ what info should I give....

Votes

Translate

Translate