• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2023 is a nightmare....so slow

Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to change how 2023 works to previous versions?  So far, it's been unusable.  I guess when CC updated it also changed the auto-update to ON, which I never do due to the typical disaster of new releases.

I am fine uninstalling and installing an older version, but there is no identifying notes saying when everything changed, just version numbers.  What is the 2021/2 version?

Thanks

Specs:

i9-9900

64 gb ram

8gb graphic card

2 SSDs, 2 HDs

TOPICS
Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

2021 is 21.x.

2020 is 20.x.

And yea, everyone should check the Creative Cloud app every so often, make sure that the CC app itself will auto-update, but that the apps DO NOT.

And for each app update, make sure the 'remove prior versions' is NOT checked.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 is 21.x.

2020 is 20.x.

And yea, everyone should check the Creative Cloud app every so often, make sure that the CC app itself will auto-update, but that the apps DO NOT.

And for each app update, make sure the 'remove prior versions' is NOT checked.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... It has become unsuable.

The playback in the monitor window is lagfree, but the interface is veeery slow.

I tried to copy sequences so that I have the _same_ sequence multiple times. There are _differences_ in performance in those identical sequences. Some work like they should and some have a delay of up to 2 seconds per click. This is affecting my work significantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woa! That's nasty. Just ... ouch.

The variability user-to-user even on the same kit right now is stunning. And often hard to figure out what's the problem. Very frustrating.

For some, going back to 23.0 if they're on 23.1 has helped, but certainly not for all with this. But others are flying through 23.1. What the ... ?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I did some research and posted it:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-23-extremely-slow-and-cpu-consuming...

I suspect some kind of memory leak or other bugs that cause the CPU to act up.

Hauke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. Something is fundamentally wrong with 2023. 

I exported an xml of my project and brought it into latest version of 2022. Now having no problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't disagree. It's fine on my rigs, doing well. But for both PCs and Macs, across a wide variety of media, kit, and workflows, many users are getting hammered.

They've posted that M1 Macs on I think it's the latest Mac OS need to go back to at least 23.0. Especially as H.264/5 is broken there, and a range of playback issues.

But clearly that ain't all.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines