• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Wiggle() expression to Adjustment Layer

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an adjustmentlayer on top of all my other tracks. I right-click the Adjustment Layer and choose "Replace with After Effects composition". In After Effects i'll add a Wiggle Expression to its "postition" and it works great, the Adjustment Layer wiggles successfully from within After Effects. Great!

But when going back to Premiere Pro none of the tracks below said Adjustment Layers (now replaced with an After Effects compositon) wiggles at all. Any way to make this work?

(yes I know there are other ways but ive simplified my question a bit for convenience)

cheers!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's not going to work. Your Adjustment Layer ceases to be an Adjustment Layer once you make it a dynamically linked composition. Now it's just a clip.  

One thing you can do is to copy your actual clip from Premiere and paste it into AE, then use the wiggle expression on the clip's position properties, convert the expression to keyframes, and then copy your clip and paste it back into Premiere. It should bring the position keyframes back into Premiere on that clip and you've successfully bypassed using Dynamic Link. You can even make a preset and use those position values on other clips. The caveat to this method is that you can't apply it to Adjustment Layers, only clips themselves.  

I'm pretty sure there is a way you can convert the keyframes on a Transform Effect so that they can be brought into Premiere and applied to an Adjustment Layer, but there is some other math/expressions involved to translate the position behavior between one software and the other and I haven't done it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a free wiggle plugin for PPro and AE. Here - https://www.prosya.com/software/wiggler-effect/ - select the layer to wiggle, and the param to change. The params under Wiggle map to the wiggle function params.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines