Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere CC slow in response

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently upgarded to Adobe Premiere Pro CC and I notice that it is very slow in response and there is like 10 seconds lag for every step I do. I notice my computer goes up to 30 percent of workload. The problem arises when I am going from one sequence to another sequence, it lags or copy something in a sequence and then it lags. I have been using CC for 4 months and I did not have a problems with CS6. But this really annoys me.

My computer specs:

CPU i7-920 3.6gHz OC

48 GB of RAM @ 1466Mhz

Quadro K5000 with latest drivers

5x2TB at RAID 5

250gb OS SSD around 140 free space

120gb SSD - Around 40 free.

My cache drive was 120gB SSD, even I change the cache drive to RAID5 drives, it doesn't make a difference.

Now, when I export to render to Adobe media encoder, it takes 10sec. It used to take a sec to do that with CS6.

Is there something I could change in the settings that would make premiere pro faster in response?

I am looking forward for your reply.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Had similar problems while opening a CS6 project file in CC. Slow zooming and a play and pause delay of some 4-6 seconds. Overall sluggish and unrecognizable from the other projects that I have worked on with no problems on this system.

I solved it by turning off the "Composite in Linear Color (requires GPU acceleration or max render quality)' - box in 'Sequence Settings'.

Seems to be something that's set as default while transfering projects to the new Premiere CC. Or maybe something that was set on the system that I got the project from. Anyways, it solved my problems!

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Good to know!

Gabriel Armstrong Pass

<http://gapmedia.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just stated to notice this on a large project we are working, non of the fixes posted worked until I Rolled back to 7.1 and then all is fine. Updated back to 7.2 and its back again. Please sort this Adobe.

Imac 3.4Ghz i7

NVIDIA GeForce 675MX 1024MB

24GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Now I have been experiencing a new weird bug.
Everytime that I do a straight cut, J or L cut, even a fade to black. The audio gets muted, replay it again and is back. When I'm by myself is fine to rerun it, but with a client is simply annoying to go pause and play, pause and play all the time.

Any comments? Would really appreciate them.

Cris

PPCC 7.2.1 with Mountain Lion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also noticed this, very annoying.

[Personal info removed.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still finding new bugs, ive been spending my whole morning rendering one seq. it is only 1:24 mins long. The problem got solved when I trimmed one frame from one shot, actually was a text. It took forever to render, saw that tiny red line on top, that was bugging, moved it and Bam!, the render is done.

What's up with that????

Anyone with the same issue, my txts were coming from AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you roll back to 7.1? Is there a 7.1 legacy install somewhere or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

there is just one nuisance but that drives me insane: when I press "play" (spacebar) it takes randomly between 0 and 10secs to play. Sometimes pressing the spacebar won't trigger anything. It's just very unresponsive. It's a Dell T5400 workstation with 3Ghz XEON and 8GB of RAM. The cache is on an SSD. I've noticed that the video effects make the playback unresponsive. Without them it played fine.

/Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed here as well. Current up to date version as of today. Playback becomes almost unusable when having video filters enabled, especially color filters such as Magic Bullets or Lumetri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2014 Jul 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM SOLVED     I had about a half hour timeline with lots of effects  and adobe premiere pro cc slowed down almost to a stop.  I created a new sequence and took 1/4 of the whole timeline and copied it to the new sequence, closed the original sequence for the time being and it ran and worked perfect with no delays,  I Did this for the rest of the timeline with about 5 new smaller sequences.Then exported each smaller sequence to a very high resolution and high quality video.  Then reimported each of the five videos to a new main sequence then exported my whole video.  I hope this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Slow response to any command. If the software was working well beforehand, then started this all of a sudden, try the following:

Create a new project

Import your troubled project into the new project

Other tips:

make sure you have your project settings set to use your dedicated graphics card

make sure you have your graphics card settings set to adobe premiere cc

This all fixed my problem, but yes Premiere can be very buggy and mysterious on a pc or mac...

adobe premiere cc

hp pavilion dv7 i7 8gb ram

nvidia geforce gt 650m 2gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem a lot of times. Just happened again. For me, it consistently happens when applying audio effects like volume or mastering to audio in a nested sequence. Removing the effects solves the problem instantly. Filed a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue. Except I've narrowed it down to the DeEsser using the multiband mode. If I change it to Broadband everything goes back to being snappy. Put it back to Multi and the 3 second lag comes back.

Only effects the nested sequence though. (as in the clips inside the nested sequence have the effect but you are playing from the level up in the hierarchy, if that makes sense)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having some problems with Premiere Pro. Importing a project would make RAM usage go to 96% (I have 16GB RAM) and after a while it would drop to around 4GB Usage. (I assume it finished loading). But making edits and playing playback is very laggy and sluggish. All I've done to the video is cuts and video transitions. No filters or effects yet.

Sometimes Premiere Pro would also crash, the application would go unresponsive totally, and I would have to kill the tasks and restart the project. A pain since some of my edits have not been saved quite a few times. Anyone knows the reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow... And here I am, thinking I was the only one dealing with this issue. I moved from my "old and buggy" FCP7 (an application last updated in 2009) to the "amazingly fast" Premiere CC 2014 about a month ago, in the hopes of finding a better editing application. Apparently, most of us get to a certain point in the project where we just give up because it's unbearable to edit any further or simply because it won't let us do anything to the project anymore. So many people complaining, so many days of work wasted, so much hype about how amazing Premiere is... and here I am, looking at this thing that barely moves, more like crawls in comparison to a 2009 application, that won't even allow me to create keyboard shortcuts to my most common effects and transitions used, and I'm just wishing I hadn't spent a whole month learning that new software because there is no way I'm going to be using it in the future. No offense to Adobe but this was just a slap in the face on their part! I'm hoping I get a better experience with AVID... here goes another month of learning a new software! Wish me luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivan,

I'm sorry you're having trouble, but there's something wrong with your system. I am having none of these issues. If you care to let us help, let us know more about your system and media.

Also, did you update a project from 8.0 to 8.1? That has caused some issues for some customers.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. I was browsing the discussion forums and found this thread and as seen above - a lot of people seem to be having the lag issue. The interesting thing is that neither FCP7 nor AVID have the lag issue when I, for example, scale a clip up.

I did not update from 8.0 to 8.1. I just started working with Premiere and I'm using the latest version of it. I'm only using ProRes LT files and not mixing frame rates or different formats because I don't want to make my timeline work harder.

If this helps, here's the system specs.

Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 4.49.07 PM.png

Do you see anything wrong with those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not move from 8.0 to 8.1. This issue is almost two years old and started from CC. A lot of people sent bug reports. The best description of the problem was at Creative Cow. I did not encounter the issue as long as I do not use so many effects usually. The most strange thing is that I add all of the effects and everything works smoothly. Then I reboot and here it starts. I've exported project to FCP XML and imported the same file back. Everything works well until I add all of the effects back and reboot. Windows Resource Monitor shows that Premiere reads all of the files in the project before rendering a frame. Sometimes it does it twice! My Intel SSD does not help. There was no such problem in CS6, but the project was created in CC 2014. Nothing personal, but Premiere is not the cheapest NLE, the bugs of this king should not exist for several years.

PS: IvanTheEditor, have a look at Lightworks. It is more user friendly than Avid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing... All this time I thought my PP was up to date because the Creative Cloud app was telling me that. Turns out - it was lying to me and I was running an older version of PP. I did a clean install of the entire CC 2014 collection (took me a few hours) but now it appears to be working just fine with no lagging issues. Unbelievable... So much trouble for something so simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same bug with CC 2014. I added Audio Effects to 100+ clips (2,5 hour video) and Premiere starts to read all of the files in the project before rendering a frame. One cut equals 5 minuts of waiting Premiere does something useless. The problem appeard suddenly after rebooting PC. I do not think that it is a fix to turn all of the effects off. Meanwhile, I have lost the client and 2 weeks of my life. Thank you, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(CC 2014) I rendered audio in nested sequences and that is what worked for me. lag went from 4-6 seconds to 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Adobe premiere is extreme sluggish when I start adding effects like film convert or other grading stuff (luts). waiting for 5 seconds for every little change. Driving me crazy.

Im on a max specced imac late 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this applies to anyone else but I too was having a sluggish response when loading a clip into the viewer. Something like 2 or 3 secs before it would appear and be allowed to play. I forgot I had Scopelink enabled in my Preferences Playback - Video Devices. Disable - plays fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off duplicate frame detection resolved the issue immediately for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That just fixed the problem for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines