• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere is freezing when I am editing subtitles

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 95-min video with subtitles. When I try to edit subtitles (their position and background) Premiere Pro stop working and get freezed after 1-2 minutes of work. When I do different action with them (text edit, make a single subtitle longer or shorter, cut it, ...) everything is fine. The problem is only when I want to edit many of them at once. Any idea where is the problem? Yesterday, I worked with 3 videos, all of them were about 20 minutes, I edited position and background of all subtitles at once and there was no problem. Today I just have a longer video.

Can it be the problem? - too many subtitles? I have tried to edit them not all at the same time but first one third, then second third and then it crashed again so it didnt help. I tried to edit even smaller group of subtitles at once, didnt help. 

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Ok, it worked out in the project but I was not able to export it because of any damage.

Anyway, I guess I figured it out. Probably, It was because of this signs: </i>  in the .srt document. When I deleted all of this marks in the .srt document everything work normally so far, so wish me luck! 🙂 

Thanks

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of PR are you using?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded it yesterday, so I guess the newest one. Adobe Premiere Pro 2022, v 22.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I dont understand why, but now it is working. I have tried it maybe 40 times. It was freezing all the time (also after restarting my Mac) but now I have done it - weird because I change nothing and I do everything in the same way like 39th times before when it went wrong and frozen.

Never mind, anyway, thanks for help.

PS: I add a photo of an error (i dont know if it has something to do with my previous problem but this error showed only once. Another 30 times it didnt show.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it worked out in the project but I was not able to export it because of any damage.

Anyway, I guess I figured it out. Probably, It was because of this signs: </i>  in the .srt document. When I deleted all of this marks in the .srt document everything work normally so far, so wish me luck! 🙂 

Thanks

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it sorted.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines