• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Support - Clarity? Misinformation?

Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue with online documentation and support from Adobe. Four points - all of them important. I am listing it as a “bug” for reasons which may or may not become clear.

Adobe commits to providing support to its paying customers via phone, chat, and forums.

The official support link for Premiere Pro is online here:

It offers:
- a search box that returns links to online documentation
- direct links to online documentation
- links to this forum
- link to "real help from real people" chat

1. Why is the contact info for phone support (one of the 3 contact options Adobe promises) not listed by on this page?

2. The link to "Contact Us" ("Real help from real people")  opens an Adobe Personal Assistant online chatbot. This is misrepresentation.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 7.38.50 PM.png

3. This forum is listed as an official “contact option” - how do I “contact Adobe” here in this forum?

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 7.19.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 7.19.41 PM.png

4. But there is further ambiguity here.

Adobe claims this forum is a way to contact Adobe (here, for example, is the "contact us" page). Fergus Hammond hailed this forum as a way for Adobe to “track and respond to feedback” in November 2022. Kevin Monahan however clarifies that “The Discussions forum is for user-to-user interaction.”

Here’s my point: if different sections of the forum (Discussions, Bugs, Ideas) play different roles, this should be VERY CLEAR to anyone arriving at these forums - and particularly those arriving here expecting to “Contact Adobe”.

R.

@Fergus H 

@Kevin-Monahan 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Hello @Remote Index,

Thanks for the post. I hope I can help you, however, I don't think the product team can address the first few issues you mentioned. These are mostly support management matters.

As far as providing information regarding if a forum is monitored by product team (Bugs and Ideas forums) or is strictly user-to-user based (Discussions) being less ambiguous is a good point. I can make a post about that. Thank you for the suggestion.

The decisions the support organization have ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Remote Index,

Thanks for the post. I hope I can help you, however, I don't think the product team can address the first few issues you mentioned. These are mostly support management matters.

As far as providing information regarding if a forum is monitored by product team (Bugs and Ideas forums) or is strictly user-to-user based (Discussions) being less ambiguous is a good point. I can make a post about that. Thank you for the suggestion.

The decisions the support organization have made along these lines deserve to be reviewed from time to time. These are issues I will bring up with my managers.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving to Discussions. I will address your support management issues internally.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines