Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After update to Premiere 2020 - software won't open and crash

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update to Premiere 2020 - software won't open and crash

Same happens with After Effects - crashes after updating today.

Please help:

Process: Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 [853]
Path: /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro 2020/Adobe Premiere Pro 2020.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Pro 2020
Identifier: com.adobe.PremierePro.14
Version: 14.0 (14.0)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 [853]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-11-05 15:55:29.563 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G87)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 18133263-D2D0-A303-ECF1-2E7FB1A7AAC7

Time Awake Since Boot: 1100 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (Code Signature Invalid)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000032, 0x000000014de43000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: Namespace CODESIGNING, Code 0x2

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Issue resolved 

I got assistance from the Adobe online support team. The problem was a plugin that was causing the crash.

So I removed it and now its all good.   

Try to get online assistance from the Adobe team: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/premiere-pro.html?guid=6d38fd90-7ff9-4829-9111-154e4cb5df19&location=PDP&product=Creative%20Cloud%20Desktop&product-version=5.0.0.354&mv=product&mv2=accc#    

click on the "contact us" for online chat with help desk

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tech Support helped me with this issue. I had to rename the Premiere Pro folder to "Premiere Pro old" and that fixed it. Keep in mind that this was not the folder in the Applications folder, but the one in your "Adobe" folder. This may be in your Documents folder by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report Terene. This issue happens frequently to the Adobe folder when updating macOS. Please make a note of it as the next update with macOS could cause the same issue. If you need to maintain the file paths of your current Documents folder, you can simply change R Only permissions to R/W. See this article.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the one that worked for me. Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. Tech support told me to do it also. But still crashing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After talking to support, i found out that the plugin for Insta360 cameras was my culprit.  Its labeld as insv.bundle in my plugins->mediacore folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much..... that solved my problem, Premiere Pro started.

Path of the enemy "Insta360Proimporter.bundle" is : (common)Library/Applikation Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/Mediacore/

kind Regards 

Rolf Hellmeier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot David and Rolf,

Problem solved after removing "Insta360Proimporter.bundle"!!!!

Best regards,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi f_yoel, what plugin was causing the problem? because I’m facing exactly the same issue.

Erns R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Path of the enemy "Insta360Proimporter.bundle" is : (common)Library/Applikation Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/Mediacore/

in the case you use a Mac...;-)

Rolf Hellmeier, Dipl.Des.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely the guide to my solution and this is what I did

From my mac:

I went to my Mac HD> Library> Application Support> Adobe> Common> Plug-ins> 7.0> MediaCore

And remove all the existing plug-ins to my Desktop , except the folder call <Public> and <dummy.text> file.

I launch my Adobe and it works fine, and then I added one by one all the folders containing my plug-ins to find out the one that was causing the problem and I delete it completely.
Now everything works fine.    

Erns R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fine....

and to help others, WHICH was your Plugin that causes the problem ??

Rolf Hellmeier,Dipl.Des.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was < Twixtor 7.2 > and <Rowbyte> From Plexus. Inside Rowbyte folder there was < Plexus > folder with three plugins, as follow < Plexus64.plugin, Plexter64.plugin, OBJ_IO.plugin > and one zip folder with extension < .dat, as follow: FASTBOKEHLICENSE.dat >. I delete the complete < Rowbyte and Twixtor 7.2 > folders with all the above contents  inside and everything working fine.

Erns R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem. The issue was \(barely) old Black Magic RAW pluging. Was updated last week to 1.6 and is working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for a Plugin Loading.log file and open it up to see what plugins are causing the crashing then nuke them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Windows machines, I think the .dll file you need to remove is called rthdasio64.dll

This is the file that the Adobe support agent told me about.  So if you're on Windows, search for that .dll file in the search bar, try to remove it, then open premiere pro. 

It worked for me!  hope it works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope didn't work for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried finding your "Mediacore" folder and removing all the plugins? You can add them back in and eliminate the one giving you a problem that way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not getting much help on Chat. Do answer in over an hour. I have the same problem. What plugin was causing the problem for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about deleting them all and adding them one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man, that problem caused me to format my MacbookPro and reinstall everything from zero.

Only after this I was able to run Premiere 2020, even though it feels like 2019 is more stable, so now I’m running both 19 and 20.

About plugins, I wasn’t running any.

Hope it helps you someway.

Good Luck!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are so stupid why dont you say the solution? every bodey knows how to chat with adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am happy the solution of thrashing whatever plug-ins worked for you but that did not work for me nor did, trashing/resetting preferences, trashing cache files, trashing MediaCore files. What DID WORK was uninstalling the updated version of Premiere Pro (14.3) and reinstalling the previous version (14.2). There is a problem with Catalina and Adobe Premiere & After Effects. The same problem (PP files crashed/quit PP) occurred when I upgraded to Catalina 15.15.5. I was using Premiere Pro 14.2 and my videos crashed/quit PP. After hours of doing everything(!) I had to uninstall Catalina 15.15.5 and reinstall Catalina 15.15.4. All was well. ALL my files worked. Once again when I updated Premiere Pro 14.3 my old video files would not open. They crashed/quit PP. And the ONLY thing that was different was the update. SO uninstall the update.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the mediacore folder plug ins, tried re naming Premiere Pro folder - nothing has worked. Don't have a solution but a workaround. I'm running Catalina 10.15.7 and Premiere Pro 14.4.0 and I could get to the first screen with previous projects but couldn't get Premiere to open any previous projects. So If i create a new project named untitled all opens up and then from there I can open previous projects. Not great but if you need to get thiongs done this works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had similar issues lately and no amount of pref trashing and Premiere re-installing brought success. I discoved that for me the smoking gun was the "Enable Mercury Transmit" option under Prefs/Playback. If this is checked, then existing projects will crash on load (although only after PP has been quit and re-opened.) So my workaround has been to make sure "Enable Mercury Transmit" is unchecked before I load any existing projects. Annoying proceedure, but it has been working consistantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

What was the plugin causing the crash? I have the exact same issues. I can't open premier after the latest update 😞

Please help !

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines