• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio sounding metallic after import

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Issue is ongoing for almost a year now, so this is even updating the software multiple times and I still didn't find the source of this issue. I record streams with OBS, using a rode N21 mic and like 2 years ago my imported files where fine. During the last year however something happend that distorts the audio of my files after importing them. Like they are sounding metallic and weird and I have to use effectfilters to get rid of it. The original file is fine if watched with like VLC player, but after Import it is like shredded through a metallic filter and I have no clue why. I even had 2 files imported, recorded with the same settings the same day and 1 is fine, the other sounds like sh*t.

The only thing I can think of so far is it happens during the first import. In this moment premier is making the optic soundwaves for the editor - (I'm native german, so I forgive me if I sound cryptic) - this seems to happen. If I just render it as is, this sound issue is even rendered into the file. So I suspect the cache or a temporary file that is made that very first import, but I can't say it for sure. I read other reports of this issue and non are resolved so far. 

Using Win 10, 64-bit
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.01 GHz

RAM: 32GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 6GB

Tried this on the recent Adobe Premier version as well as on 2020 version. They both had this issue.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just found something by accident while searching for an explanation ... look at this:

Coronastern_0-1673465277846.png

The first file is the "Normal" sounding one ... and I just noticed this small difference in my two soundlines. This is where I noticed that in the second file with the sound issue it seems like both soundlines are just a tiny bit off what creates this aweful metalic sound. I muted one line and it sounds perfectly fine now. How can this be? Any help is appriciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines