Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

my system is Windows10.

Since Premiere 2018 when I plug in my Headphones Premiere doesn't automatically
recognize it. Because of this I have to configure every time when I change
between Speakers and Headphone in the > Audio Hardware > Default Output
settings > Headphones or Speakers.

All other programs like Browser, YouTube, ect., on my PC are automatically recognize
either Speakers or Headphones are active.

Question:

Can you please help how to configure Premier 2018 in order to have Speakers or
Headphones automatically recognized?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Hello everyone,

Please vote for the following feature request: Fix the Default audio output for iMac Pro – Adobe video & audio apps

Add any comments if you like.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your point but this audio preference behavior changed when I switched to an imac pro about 18 months ago. It didn't change on my macbook pro or my other imac at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand coding, and the choice shouldn't have to be one way or the other. Perhaps you can do a setting to follow the system output (ie. auto switch), or not (ie. manual switching). That's not that hard. Quite annoying this hasn't been fixed already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea. There's a number of things that would be more excellent if they gave us a user-settable default behavior.

So this is the type of thing to post over on the bug/features UserVoice site, and then post back here with a link. Then others reading this can go vote/comment on it.

Adobe lives by metrics. Let's give them some ...

Neil

Adobe UserVoice Bug /Feature form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's September! Clients who need to hear something don't like to see an artist goof around in the preferences setting something that should by default be picked up from the system settings. I understand wanting to not change the app audio when head phones are plugged in in some circumstances, but there should be more options for this rather than, headphones, Change app settings, Client presentation, change app settings, back to headphones, change app settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turned out the problem is in the lack of audio mixer. There's none after you reinstall the system.

So I install Realtek application, choose it as Audio Input in Adobe Premiere and the problem is fixed.

------

Проблема в отсутствии аудиомикшера после переустановки системы.

Я устанавливаю подходящую мне версию программы Realtek , выбираю его в качестве Входного сигнала аудио в настройках программы и программа сама переключается с колонок на наушники.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://reid.io/ytHm3P

Mac fix!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I just wanted to thank you for sharing this solution! It took about 3 minutes to watch your video and configure the aggregate device, and now I'm in business. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto Audio Hardware Default Output selection is being tested and appears to be working in the Public Beta version of Premiere Pro. Thank you, Adobe. Currently in development per this response from one of Adobe's Product Managers.

I've just tested it and it works flawless with standard headphone jack (3.5mm). I opened a project in Premiere Pro (Beta), which was created in the official (non-beta) version of Premiere Pro. I unplug my headphones and the audio returns back to the laptop. I plug in my headphones again, and the audio returns to my headphones. Thank goodness. This is one of those "simple" and subtle UX feature wins that ALL users benefit from (even if its not annoying enough for all users to post about it).

If you want to use this feature right away, try your hand at using Premiere Pro's Public Beta version, click on the "Beta Apps" category on the left bar in your Creative Cloud desktop app. You can then download "Premiere Pro (Beta)". Again, I can't speak for the stability of the entire program as I don't edit in beta, but this may convince me to try.

Alternatively, you can wait until it goes live on production. Generally speaking though, the more it's tested, talked about and debugged, the more likely it is for Adobe's product managers to push this through to the official/production version of Premiere Pro. You give them feedback that their team can present to those who are in charge of what features go live and when.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, march 2021 and no change?

I've just downloaded the latest full version and still the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming you are referring to Adobe Premiere Pro, here are some steps to help you configure the software:

System Requirements: Check if your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Premiere Pro. You can find these on Adobe's website.

Install Premiere Pro: Install the software on your computer. You can download it from the Adobe website or install it from a Creative Cloud subscription.

Workspace: Customize the workspace to your liking. You can choose from preset workspaces or create your own custom workspace.

Preferences: Configure the preferences by going to the Edit menu and selecting Preferences. Here you can customize settings such as media cache, scratch disk, and project settings.

Project Settings: Set up your project settings by selecting File > Project Settings. Here you can specify settings such as frame rate, resolution, and aspect ratio.

Media Cache: Configure the media cache settings to optimize performance. You can specify the location of the media cache and the size of the cache.

Audio/Video Settings: Configure the audio and video settings to match your footage. You can specify the audio and video formats, sample rates, and bit depths.

Keyboard Shortcuts: Customize the keyboard shortcuts to speed up your workflow. You can create your own shortcuts or use preset shortcuts.

External Devices: If you are using external devices such as cameras or monitors, configure the settings for these devices in Premiere Pro.

These are just a few steps to help you configure Adobe Premiere Pro. Depending on your specific needs and workflow, there may be additional settings and configurations that you need to consider.

i also got issue when connecting pc with a bookshelf speaker but it showed above same issue of adobe premiere pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines