• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autosave to Creative Cloud

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot add autosave to Creative Cloud 2014, get an error message when checking the box on preferences Auto Save - "Savie backup project to Creative Cloud."

Error message:

"Saving backup projects to Creative Cloud requires a Creative Cloud Files directory. Please install the Creative Cloud desktop application on your computer to enable this feature."

Choice to use Creative Cloud then greys out.

However,  I do in fact have Creative Cloud installed on computer and do in fact have a Creative Cloud Files directory.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-James Edmunds

New Iberia, LA

[Please choose only a short description for the thread title.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

The workaround of creating a folder for each project in my Creative Cloud Files folder, then using that folder as the autosave folder for the project I'm working on, is currently working for me.  It would be nice if they could get the integrated CC autosave fixed once and for all, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like regular auto save is OK with me. The problem is saving to the Cloud...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch! Man I'm having this problem too and it's a pain in the butt. I've tried all of the methods in this forum except for the clean slate option you just mentioned here. I don't want to have to do that ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't fix this, Adobe has to.  Until they do, turn the feature off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a bummer. I'll use the software best I can until they provide a fix. I've noticed Premiere Pro CC has been buggier than ever since the latest software update.

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I've moved my folder and then moved it back to where it was. I'm signed into the cloud and it's not letting me autosave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Everything worked before the last PP/CC update.

Autosave to cloud is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autosave to cloud is not working.

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The BUG has already been logged.

Re: Creative cloud sync issues

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Vinay.

Wanted to get in this thread to follow and add that my 2014 Mac Pro is having the same issue.

I have followed previous steps to fix from this thread and I do not set custom locations.

Lets get this fixed!

- The real jstrawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremy,

So, are you not able to set custom location in the File>Project Settings>Scratch Disks for autosave or cannot select the option of saving it to creative cloud in Prefernces?

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted about this a few days ago: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1916858?q=broken

the general consensus seems to be that that is the way things go - dont expect autosave backup to work.

I have just powered up to start the days work and got a message off the task bar that there were updates available - I launched CC Desktop App and it is just spinning the wait graphic and has been for some considerable time. I am becoming a little disillusioned . . . . cloud backup error1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess everyone at Adobe is so busy trying to fix this that they dont have time to let us know they are working on it . . . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vinay,

Autosave is working fine. The scratch disk autosave is totally different than the Creative Cloud project backup feature. I am able to set a custom path in the Creative Cloud>Pref>Files>Folder Location. I was just saying that I left it at default and am experiencing the same issues.

Some earlier posts stated custom locations.

Right now I autosave to a different location vs. my project and don't rely on CC project BU.

Hoping that Adobe can fix this soon... and maybe rebuild Media Encoder from the ground up? Just saying.

Jeremy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I fail to understand is why this is being treated as a user error. It started on my machine after updating my CC apps - not after making any changes to preferences or anything else that could possibly caused the problem.

Let's stop talking about file paths and focus on Adobe's progress in fixing the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have reported this issue to the concerned team. Check the below discussion and if possible try the clean uninstall solution.

Re: Creative cloud sync issues

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as the other users here. Mac OSX 10.10.4, scratch disk and auto-save folders are in a custom location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will find that the auto save to local folders is working fine. The problem is when you have the "save backup to project to Creative Cloud" option checked. The link between you and the Creative Cloud files location was broken in the last update of the Creative Cloud desk top app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error in the 2015 version. Any updates/fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me since the last CC update- spent a day online w a Adobe rep who took me through a hours worth of stock answers with no results. Kept telling him it worked fine before the last update but he refused to agree with me. Auto save works just not file sync, its sad as it was a nice feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should not be labelled as Answered as it is still affecting a lot of users.  It's certainly affecting me, having updated to the latest version and having had it working perfectly fine before and having not changed anything at all.

Really hope this is fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original poster marked it correct as for him it was solved in 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A more contemporary thread is at:

I posted about this a few days ago: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1916858?q=broken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This stopped working suddenly. I don't think it was right when I updated to the latest version, but I could be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?  Running Yosemite 10.10.3 and I've been having this backup issue for a while.  I "think" I've tried everything mentioned here so far.  Shame to have lost my presets...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd expect the cloud aspect of a product named creative cloud to work better. Oh well.

Nice one, adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines