• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Avid DNxHD into Premiere Pro CS5.5?

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2011 Aug 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy. New to Premiere Pro and trying the demo. Unfortunately I'm having a issues right off the bat.

I'm trying to import Avid DNxHD 36 media from Media Composer 5.5. But I get some issue saying that the codec isn't supported. Am I wrong that DNxHD is supposed to be native in Premiere Pro CS5+?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also downloaded the 2.5 Beta for Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 and set it to record to record in MOV function. However when I try to import that file I get an error stating that the file is not supported. Is there something I'm missing here?

Premiere Pro 5.03

PC i7

24GM memory

1TB system drive

Raid 0 over 4 * 1TB

Matrox MXO2 LE with Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would guess that you haven't installed the free DNxHD QuickTime codec. You can get the most recent version (2.3.7) at:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=423319

I also noticed that you are using PPro 5.03, which gets confused by the way the 16 audio tracks are interleaved in the MOV file. You'll either have to upgrade to CS 5.5 or you'll have to use some freeware like ffmbc to demux the video and audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I did download version 2.3.7 but I still get the error message "unsupported format". Do I have to upgrade to 5.5 for this codec to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

icy100 wrote:

Thanks for the info. I did download version 2.3.7 but I still get the error message "unsupported format". Do I have to upgrade to 5.5 for this codec to work?

Yes. PPro 5.0x is getting hung up on the format of the MOV file's audio tracks. It is a known QuickTime problem, which was fixed in 5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines