• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad performance with high-end GPU

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 64 Gb Ram  , 1Tb SSD , Ryzen 9 5950x 16 cores  and RTX 3080.

and i can't even do basic editing .

premiere pro is so lagging.

Even though i had alloted it use of 35gb of ram .  

Tried both gaming and studio driver , nothing is working.

Cleared media cashe, use of proxies.

I had tried all possible but nothing is helpful.

I spent months to learn this software , brought pc to do my editing job , but of no use.

Adone isn't fixing or improving anything with their update.

This Software is waste of money.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

First, the last Nvidia driver that is known stable and usable at this time is the 517.40 Studio driver. The later ones have been a mess for many users even in Resolve. So ... go to their site, the 'older drivers' list, and do a clean install. That may help some.

Next ... user performance is all over the freaking place at this time. In both Premiere and Resolve. Many of us are getting awesome performance, while some like you are getting total crud. Very, very frustrating. But as someone who wor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

i switched back to 2020 version and its working absolutely fine without any lag

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, the last Nvidia driver that is known stable and usable at this time is the 517.40 Studio driver. The later ones have been a mess for many users even in Resolve. So ... go to their site, the 'older drivers' list, and do a clean install. That may help some.

Next ... user performance is all over the freaking place at this time. In both Premiere and Resolve. Many of us are getting awesome performance, while some like you are getting total crud. Very, very frustrating. But as someone who works both in Premiere and Resolve, and is on here, LGG and the BM forums daily ... it ain't just Premiere that has some user issues.

Total sympathy ... and I'm frustrated too as I'm used to being able to ask what hardware and media & effects, and give a logical series of steps to take to puzzle out the issue & get someone going. Right now? Jeessh.

Two nearly identical rigs, media & workflows can have opposite experiences. One screaming along, the other screaming at their computer. No frickin' clue.

For comparison, my desktop is a 3960X 24 core Ryzen, 128GB of RAM w 2080Ti. Two Nvme drives, one for C drive apps only,  the other for all Cache files. Several other large SSDs for working drives. Both Premiere and Resolve working good, Ae is simply awesome. Mostly with BRAW and some Panny All-I mov, some Red & Sony, not much Canon or other.

My laptop is a 4 year old Acer Triton, w the cute little "lappy" version of the 2080Ti, and it's doing very well with Pr, but Resolve was such a dog I uninstalled it. I don't even think of Ae on that machine.

I'm getting great performance, which doesn't mean anyone else is. Just a data point. In a very frustrating time.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

changing studio driver helped a bit, but still the part where i hade used graphic template , itslagging alot still.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i switched back to 2020 version and its working absolutely fine without any lag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Νew versions of premiere 2022-23 and new nvidia drivers do not work properly.
Many errors and crashes.
And for me previous versions 2020 and previous drivers of nvidia work better with premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using an editing codec like ProRes, DNxHD, or Cineform?

Use it for your source footage and make sure that the Sequence Video Preview setting matches exactly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the footage? You do not have Quick Sync. If it is HEVC or H.264 (especially 4K), transcode to an editing codec, and all will be well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Νew versions of premiere 2022-23 and new nvidia drivers do not work properly.
Many errors and crashes.
And for me previous versions 2020 and previous drivers of nvidia work better with premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some are needing to go back to the 517.40 Nvidia drivers, but that only works with 3000 and earlier cards.

So which card do you have? And have you tried the 517.40 driver?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines