Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blur Effect

Contributor ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi forum.

I have added a cross blur effect in AE, and also a quick blur on my adjustment layer in Premiere. I export the file in H.264

and when ever the effect blurs appear they are gradient banded,  and also extremely awful in appearance. What can be causing this issue?

When I do my ram previews the scene looks immaculate. But below is the result in 2 of the scenes, as seen very blurry and one with the banding.

adobe01 blur.jpg

adobe02-blur.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you render the preview? Press enter or return and let the software build previews and see if it looks better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob, I was trying to update my inquiry but Adobe forum, didnt allow me to do so...

So here's whats causing the blur issue, the background which is a simple JPEG image.... Once I removed it, the blur effects

look pristine 100% like they're meant to be. The background is a gradient dark coloured designed in PS, and then imported into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using a Color Matte in PP instead of a JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim

the colour matte does look better with no blurs, but it beats the purpose of having the desired background which blends much better with the overall project requirements. Most likely rather than changing the background, I'd like to know what's causing this blur, it's actually a PNG which I designed in Photoshop with different images and adding a gradient.

Background-Gradient-Ramp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines