• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can adobe use gpu from 2nd machine to render

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have miss it or something but i am wonder if it possible to use the GPU's from a 2nd machine to render/process?  I have an crypto miner that i am no longer using due to the cost of running it, it has 5 rx580+ nitros in it.  I like to use the gpu in it to process and export the video files from my adobe programs.

I just start to research this but i have not seen anything so far that suggest this is possible but i thought i throw this out there and see.  I spent a bit of time and money on this machine and i like to keep using it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: nope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your describing distributed rendering, which would be for Adobe Dimensions or Cinema4D Lite.

Nonetheles, distributed processing would be great to see across the Adobe video applications, maybe similar to what Apple offers in Compressor in Adobe Media Encoder: Compressor: Transcode batches with multiple computers

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i am but rendering is also in Premiere and after effects.  Now and then i create some projects that take a few hours to process.  I never used Dimensions before, and it looks like i have to upgrade my system to win10 to use it.  Ive been try to avoid this but it getting to the point where i may have to.

From what I've been reading there no simple way to make this work (short from hacking the program).  It would be nice if adobe add this to there programs it would help speed things up.  GPU's are getting more powerful, smaller and cheaper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately at this time AE only uses the GPU for very few things. If you want to spoeed up rendering, check out the Render Garden plugin.

RenderGarden | by Mekajiki

Thx,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only way to do this is to set up a Render Farm. Costly exercise and not as straightforward as dropping something onto an Adobe Render Que. So nope can't be done...yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines