• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I create a gradient on a color matte in PP?

Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PS you can drag a gradient slider acoss a color matte to gradually reveal what's underneith. I would like to do the same thing in PP to reveal text on a color matte over a moving image. I've searched Google and found the Ramp and 4-Color Gradient but I can't make them do what I want:

I would like a color gradent to appear over half my clip, not the whole clip, and transition from that middle point from 10%-50%. (So across the whole screen 50% of the image would be unafected, then at the middle point [of the clip] the gradient starts from 10% - 50% across the other half of the screen.)

What I can do is place a Color Matte over the clip, move it to the half-way marker and fade it. Above that layer is my text layer. The effect is okay but I would rather have a soft transition instead of a hard line down the middle. Is this possible in PP? 

I tried moving the position of the Ramp but the first color can not be transparent, which is what I need for Ramp to work. 

Is what I want to do possible in PP or would I need to move over to AE? 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Not sure I am following what you want but the EGP has gradients with transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Hi @stevens70907226 , you should not used color matte to create a gradient with traparency. Amazing Essensial Graphic Panel can do everyting. Just open this EGP, then create a shape, rectanggle shape, add gradient trasparancy to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

EGP.jpg

Yes, you can try EGP, just create your selft

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

AnnBens_0-1636288079245.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I am following what you want but the EGP has gradients with transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EGP, Essential Graphics Panel? 

When I type "gradient" into the search, nothing comes up. When I look under Effects, I can find wipe effects. Does the gradient have a special name like Ramp? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AnnBens_0-1636288079245.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stevens70907226 , you should not used color matte to create a gradient with traparency. Amazing Essensial Graphic Panel can do everyting. Just open this EGP, then create a shape, rectanggle shape, add gradient trasparancy to it.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I always the EGP was just premade templates and all that (we end up being able to) do there was done in AE. This is a game changer! Now to find some tutorials. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EGP.jpg

Yes, you can try EGP, just create your selft

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines