• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Airdrop premiere Project exported as mp4: "Failed to save item. Save to iCloud Drive Instead?"

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exported a video from Premier Pro 19 as an mp4 file. When I try to Air Drop the mp4 to my iPhone, I get this message on my phone: "Failed to save item. Save to iCloud Drive Instead?" Why wouldn't I be able to AirDrop this to my photos in a normal manner? Is anyone able to airdrop their Premier Pro exported projects to their iOS device?

IMG_5349 2.PNG

People have posted this question, but I found no clear answer:

Can't airdrop premeire pro 18 projects to iphone help

Premier Pro Video Failing airdrop

UPDATE:

I was able to airdrop it when I followed these sequence settings and export settings.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

I think I found it! — I was having the SAME problem. I switched this ONE thing and suddenly it worked! 

Change your field order to Progressive

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 4.01.55 PM.png

Hope this Helps!  

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with a longer video which had the exact same sequence and export settings and it airdropped and uploaded to IG fine. Seems random as to which files will and won't work.

To solve the issue I also had to open in Quick Time and export as .mov. Then it airdropped and uploaded as normal. It's an annoying extra step, but it works as a fix/workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting your workaround.  Not enough people do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I think I've found a solution.

My problem: Same sequence settings across the board for 3 seperate timelines all 4K in H.264 (A [20.7MB], B [20.9MB], C [19.7MB]). After exporting the 3, I successfully airdropped A and C to my iPhone. C however ran into the same error. I attempted multiple different exports, online .mp4 converters, and even exporting through quicktime but nothing worked.

My Solution: 

Solution 1 - In quicktime I exported the file as a 1080p .mov file and it airdropped without issue. Obviously I don't think lowering the res is an adequate solution so I attempted further troubleshooting. Thus Solution 2.

Solution 2 (RECOMMENDED) - In the sequence settings of the timeline, change Display Format from 'Drop Frame Timecode' to 'Non-Drop Frame Timecode'. Additonally I enabled 'Maximum Bit Depth' and 'Maximum Render Quality'. Lastly during export I ensured it remained as H.264 and had 'Match Source - High bitrate' selected. Interested if this helps anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing! When you say "In the sequence settings of the timeline, change Display Format...", are you referring to a setting in Media Encoder, Premiere, or After Effects? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm referring to sequence settings in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it worked!!!!! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7g2t2WIUFg

this should help - it helped me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! It's me from the future, and this is still an issue. I was able to resolve it with the following sequence and export settings. Obviously the video dimensions may vary, but the important settings are:

(Sequence Settings)

Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels

Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan)

Display Format: 29.97 fps Drop-Frame Timecode

(Export Settings) 

Format: H.264

Preset: Match Source - High Bitrate

Ensuring these settings are the same in every sequence guarantees my videos are able to airdrop to and play on iOS.

Best of luck!

Nate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chatted with Adobe Support: make sure in your sequence settings that your aspect ratio is one that is accepted by Apple. Weird aspect ratios (2353:234111) are not compatible. Clean aspect ratios (4:5) are compatible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and now I already fix it
I follow her instruction 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7g2t2WIUFg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving the original video in Premier Pro as a H.264 format in the export settings. 

File > Export > Media > Format > H.264 > Export

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 22.41.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey People! Same issue here. Totally Random.

This just WORKED after an hour banging, restarting, rebootin:

Using HEVC (H.265).

Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 14.24.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did it for me in version 22.1.2 (Build 1).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found it! — I was having the SAME problem. I switched this ONE thing and suddenly it worked! 

Change your field order to Progressive

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 4.01.55 PM.png

Hope this Helps!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually worked! Good find! Thank you for posting this, this actually worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I WANT TO KISS YOUR SHINY BALD HEAD!! Was about to punch a hole in my macbook screen I was so frustrated but changed the field order to progressive in my sequence settings and export settings and am able to airdrop w no problems now. I owe you a beer good sir 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legend. This worked for me too and was driving me crazy, so thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me! Thank you, I was going mad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I almost threw my iPhone and Mac through the window with this one!! But I found something that worked for me. 

These are the setting I tried that worked. 

Format: H.264

Preset: Match Source - High Bitrate

Under Video settings:

Basic video settings: Match Source

BUT! Untick frame rate and set to 24. 

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's September 2021 and the problem isn't fixed. None of the suggested workarrounds (unbelievable that I have to try to work arround while I pay for the Master Collection!) work. Exporting via quicktime does not work. I have to use imovie now. That must actually be a funny joke???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's possible at least some of the problem lies in apple's bailiwick...   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. iPhone and MacBook Air m1. What an actual f... Adobe?  If you think I'll switch to another machine then nope I wouldn't. Would I switch to resolve, I guess yes. Just solve it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 2021 and still not working.  I tried all suggestions in the comments and the only one that fixes the problem is to open in quicktime and export as a new file.  Sucks since this also reduces the quality of the video.  There must be a better way to ensure I can move files from Mac to iOS without loss of quality.  I'm spending way too much time on this problem instead of where I should be spending time - editing videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I WANT TO KISS YOUR SHINY BALD HEAD!! Was about to punch a hole in my macbook screen I was so frustrated but changed the field order to progressive in my sequence settings and export settings and am able to airdrop w no problems now. I owe you a beer good sir 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines