Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Cannot draw mask because the tool keeps rotating

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't draw masks frequently in Premier, so maybe I'm doing it wrong. But almost everytime I try to click to the next point, the part I have drawn rotates, and will not lay down another point. I read multiple older posts with a similar situtation, but did not see a fix. Is there one? I just need to draw a simple mask, and cannot do so because of this random rotation issue. I'm in the most current Premier as of this date. thank you. 😕 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The so-called fix here is to zoom in on your mask, so there is adequate distance between points.

If the mask still rotates, set the point further away and adjust later.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I have it zoomed in all the way to 400. This is so frustrating. 😕 Is it a bug, or just something Adobe thinks we want? I've never had the need to rotate a mask personally. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here. Extremely annoying. When I hover above the mask line, I can see that the mouse cursor is the right one, a penpoint with the plus sign — yet when I click, it suddenly changes to the rotate tool and simultaneously rotates the mask. Zoom is at 400 percent. It's simply ridiculous.

I have yet to find myself in a situation where I would need to rotate a mask — I guess it might be useful in some situation, but this is clearly a bug not a feature, because the app shows the wrong cursor. If the user can make a difference between two cursor locations, the app should do that too.

And if somebody really wants to be able to rotate their masks so often that we need this "area approximation to sneakily change the tool" — then for goodness' sake, give us an option to switch off the whole rotate functionality! 

I was, in fact, browsing through the preferences, hoping to at least find a changeable number that determines the approximation area for the rotate tool — I would have turned it to the minimum. There was no such thing. But that really wouldn't be anywhere near an ideal solution. Just give us the option to choose what tools are available any given time and place. Pretty please.

(And maybe this isn't the right place to whine about this... I guess there is a feedback page somewhere?) 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines