Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open Video Encoder Settings

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a devil of a time. Hoping the community can help me out. 

I am trying adjust Export settings. I cannot get to the Video Encoder settings in the export window (see screenshot). 

This is actually part of a larger issue I am having. I'm trying to figure out how to fix another issue.

My export video looks very different than the preview video. It is overexposed and oversaturated in the export. The tutorial I am trying to follow notes that if my video footage was shot in H.264 / HVEC, it should be exported in this format. I am only seeing one or the other, not both formats. (see the screenshot). I think I am going to need a lot of help trying to figure this larger issue out as well.

Thanks in advance.Screenshot (122).png

TOPICS
Export , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I see now that if I mouse scroll in that area, I can get to all of the options. I still have the larger issue of the color export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "overexposed/oversaturated" issue probably has to do with dealing with HLG footage from a phone or camera, or some log-encoded footage that Premiere is mis-applying default handling to.

There are A TON of threads on over-exposed or blown out footage ... do a quick scan through the forum and you'll get the answer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Neil. If anyone comes across this discussion, this is what I did. I found that I needed to download a QT Gamma Compensation. When exporting iPhone 12 footage I made sure SDR Conform box is checked; it is not by default and the videos come out blown out if you don't adjust. This video helped me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IAmLidwL7A&list=LL&index=2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines