• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions is not an option in the New Item Panel (CS6)

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a beginner working with premiere pro CS6 version 6.0.5 on my school's creative suite and I am currently trying to add open captions to a video project I am working on. When I select the new item panel, I am not given the option to add captions. This is particularly an issue since every video tutorial for adding captions shows the caption options in the new item panel. Is there some kind of update or package I am supposed to install to use captions or is this an issue of the version of premiere pro I'm using. If the captions tool is not available in this CS6, what tools can I use to add captions to my video?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Said another way: captions are not available in CS6. I don't recall which version added captions. Also, there have been a variety of changes to captioning once it was added. The tutorials you are seeing are for newer, CC versions, of PR.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you aren't going to update to a newer version of Premiere, then you can use the Titler in CS6 or use Photoshop to make your text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Said another way: captions are not available in CS6. I don't recall which version added captions. Also, there have been a variety of changes to captioning once it was added. The tutorials you are seeing are for newer, CC versions, of PR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, most people confuse what captions really are. do you TRULY need Captions, which are usually used for creating closed captioned formats for broadcast and web players? Or are you just looking to add subtitle text at the bottom of the screen? If it's the latter, you can use any text tools available in Premiere to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines