• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2020 SUPER LAGGY

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do work in premiere 2020 and its super laggy i cant even edit a video because it was so laggy, is anyone else having these issues?!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Sam,

I had previously warned other users about mismatching the relative performance of the GPU with regards to that of the CPU. Many of the users that I responded to - and I am currently guilty of that myself - combined a relatively powerful CPU with a relative weakling of a GPU. Your system is clearly the opposite: That GPU is clearly overqualified for the CPU that you're using. Premiere Pro really works best when the relative performances of both the CPU and the GPU are closely matched. Howeve

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, just adding to the issue to show it's not a minor bug. Have tried working with same clips in both 2020 and 2019 -- 2019 works perfectly, 2020 is totally unusable. Timeline responsiveness can be upwards of 5 seconds between input and playback.

I tried calling support, their fix does not work. I tried other solutions I have used in the past, those also do not work. Clearly, somewhere along the line somebody made a mistake when other issues were being tweaked in the 2020 verison of premiere. I have given up on using 2020 and I have reverted to 2019 until this issue is resolved. I have no clue how it got this badly messed up in one generational change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's the same here. We are working mostly on a new iMac Pros and the timeline lag in 2020 is driving everyone crazy. It's easily 5 sec before playback with just a basic HD resolution material. We have had problems with long timelines and source files before in Premiere, but this time it's almost unusable. Like many others here, we also switched back to 2019 just to get basic editing done. I really hope that we get a fix to 2020 soon! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: The problem for us seems to be with the projects from 2019. It's definitely much better if you create a new project in 2020 and copy-paste sequence from 2019 instead of updating the project. Also, remember to delete and generate new cache files in 2020. I was a bit hasty with the critique above, but anyway, the timeline feels normal and snappy enough now. Hope others find this helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah, been there, done that. It won't last long.

I am so sensitized to the feel of Windows 7 and Windows 10 running different Premiere versions with heavy CineForm DCI 4k timeline stacks that I can easily scoff at anyone who says Windows 10 is faster than Windows 7 or will ever be a usable OS let alone the newest versions of Premiere. Sadly, its over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!
Just try to enable Hardware Accelerated Decoding in Preferences>Media!
Working fine for me with h.264 files now! Seems like this setting is needed now for this codecs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is enabled and still preforms horribly. One thing I did notice was switching GPU acceleration back from Metal to Open CL. Its def. not a 100% fix, but Open CL gives me better playback. Which is really weird because in PP 2019 I was using Metal with no issues.

I just can't believe there's this many issues. My speedy iMac Pro, Terrablock RAID and GPU should have zero issues playing back even the worst codec. I mean, I was playing down ProRes 4K at full Res. and this can't handle H.264 at full HD. Not really apples to apples, due to codec interframe vs. long GOP, but still. Never any issues before 2020. It's so strange to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on a ryzen 3600 32gb 3600 ram. So inefficient the mouse even lags while playing back the timeline. Premiere Pro 2020 is a pile of flaming trash.  What a huge dissapointment. Look for other sofware, Adobe has lost it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having horrible issues as well – of course on a beast of a machine that should go through footage like a hot knife through butter (what it also did until this week)!

What seemed to help a little bit:

1. Turned off Wifi (don't know if that is actually helping or not)

2. deleted all the Cache - even tough after it was still super mega laggy

3. unselected all active Sound Tracks (I had a couple of active ones - with a blue box).

That helped to bring the laggyness to a 6 second stop before playing back footage instead of a 30-second delay ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to contact Adobe directly, I even had Jason Levine reaching Adobe to help me out.

I really feel like Adobe is in absolute denial about the problems. They don't seem to reply about these issues and they seem to focus on the machines being the problem! This forum is filled with post like this. I myself can't use Adobe at all on my Windows machine which is a monster. 

I did notice stability is much better on mac os then windows. It's ridiculous that they are charging so much money for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME! What the heck Adobe! why is your software so crap and not optimized to perform efficiently? I'm running on an iMac pro with 3 GHz intel xeon W with 32GB 2666 Mhz DDR4 RAM / Radeon pro vega 56.

At home I am using a PC with AMD Ryzen 9 3900X with RTX 2080Ti. 

Both of these computers should have no problem and NO lag when scrubbing through footage... But why am I having lag issues when trying to playback/scrub through footage?!?! Before the most recent update, I was having no issues at all so we all know it's Adobe Software issues. Please fix!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After much frustration and experiments I found that switching the Video Previews to I-Frame Only MPEG worked at solving the horrible playback stutter.  Why on the earth can't Adobe send a email blast bulletin to all Creative Cloud users when a bug of this magnitude happens!!!!????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okey, how/where in the menu do you switch to I-frame only MPEG? I will try that, and hopefully the playback will be less stuttering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in your Sequence settings.  It isnt a perfect fix but did prevent the timeline from freezing all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  I finally experimented with setting all my Path settings (in Project Settings/Scratch Disks)  to my Main Drive (the boot drive that contains the Mac OS and Adobe software.  It is  a fast PCIe SSD drive that runs at 620 mbs .

This has completely solved the problem. SET ALL THE SCRATCH DISKS TO THE SAME PATH, in my case it was boot drive /users/yourname/Documents

It was as simple as that. The stuttering and drop frames disappeared!

So you know, I store all my media on a seperate RAID drive with read/write speeds around 500 mbs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone having issues with the 2020 update (this would apply for a few years actually) I've discovered something that to me feels liek discovering fire, and I wanted to share. (Apologies if this is old news to some) This would apply to anyone who uses MARKERS! 

I do big feature docs of various kinda and always have a team of assistants marker every clip within the project. Not only do I have them make markers, but I have them stretch the marker so when you look at a clip in the source screen you can read whats in each marker. (important context) 

For those using markers might have seen something pop into their markers that reads "conflicting field data." If you seen this, is no big deal becaue it just means two markers have overlapped. However, if you add a third overlap, or god help us a fourth, this will cause an issue. (to be polite about it) What happens is for some god forsaken reason premiere starts doing metadata in the background and not only combines the markers, but starts creating different combinations of those said markers. If you drag your mouse over a marker that is multipule times overlapped it will like computer code thats 20 lines deep. This is a lot of data and it will cause the project to become unusable. Once I discovered this, I realized my issues with premeire, long load times for team project, long wait times to take in updates, and of course the beach ball from zooming into that part of the timeline, all lead back to what I'm calling "THE CONFLICTING FIELD DATA GLITCH." If you rid your project of these conflicting field data, you'll be smooth sailing. Hopefully your projects are smaller than the 80 terebyte ones I'm working on. But once I weeded the garden so to speak, perfection. 

Side note, ADOBE, if this is a problem, you should stop us from having overlapping markers. Put a fail safe plan in place because my guess is you don't know this problem even exsits, nor would any end user. The only reason I discovered it is by trying to rule out another problem and then seeing the code lines from the conflciting field data which made it click in my head that this was an issue. 

Hope this helps someone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hock! Good post, you might want to put it where the Adobe engineers look for bug reports, enhancement requests etc... over at UserVoice. Give it a nice title to do with markers or search for an existing thread that might already have votes. You can post a link back here so people seeing this can click over to your post and upvote it. That's how adobe knows what people need.

Here it is: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro You can use a search box on the bottom right and look for previous reports to see if there is one that already has votes that you can upvote and comment. Otherwise post a new report and either way, post a link back to here so people reading this with a similar problem can go and upvote. Adobe engineers see the posts over there, and higher vote counts make a bigger impression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to break my MacBook Pro. I've been editing a wedding video for months now and the lag has me ripping my hair out. How do I get previous versions of PP? I have tried everything, updating everything, switching the playback GPU. Still slow. Takes 10 seconds to even pause my video and like 1-2 mins to catch up on a frame. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using Proxies? If not, you know what to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac pro 2013 high set up. Mac osx mojave 10.14.15 PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Same issue from the update to 2020. It is almost unusable. Playback marker on timeline has a regular lag. Every like 3 seconds the software freeze for about 1 or 2 seconds. This happens regularly making impossible to move clips on timeline, but also opening context menus. Every operation has to be done inside the time premiere is working.

Tested playing a wav file not a 6k footage. Same thing with legacy titles or color matte. Audio syncing of editing also lags when moving clips on timeline.

2nd problem I saw is that if you leave premiere open for an amount of time (10 minutes) without using it, when you switch back to premiere it is even more laggy especially on playback. You are forced to restart the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unbelievably laggy, I can barely edit video and all I have is a single file imported into the project window and timeline. This is delaying me drastically at work and I am super frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm STILL having these issues, laggy when I push play. Jumps back several frames and tries again. Impossible to edit. I just updated PP 2020 to try to fix it and no dice.

Windows 10 64Bit

Ryzen 9 3950X

64GB RAM

MB: MPG X570

Nvidia 2080TI 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anything going to be done about this? I got in contact with Adobe, they did a screen control thing and changed a load of things on my preferences but has changed absolutely nothing. I'm in a few editing groups here in the UK, and lots of people having these same issues. Anyone at Adobe willing to respond? Premiere Pro is pretty useless and not overly useable at the moment. Very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe couldn't care less as long as we keep paying them. I was with tech support with screen share and they said it's working perfect, everything was normal when I couldn't even playback 1080P without tons of lag!!! Absolute joke.

My machine should be editing 6K/8K and I can't even play 1080P. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines