• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2017 Update: Chapter Markers in Premiere do not export. Don't see in Encore

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to CC 2017, my chapter Markers did not export with the .m2v file for an mpeg2 DVD, so my Chapter Markers are not showing up in Encore. I was about to jump for joy until this happened because my memory leak issues (crashing while rendering long projects) went away. Even found most of my clips without the dreaded Red Zone.

Anyone experience this? Have you experienced successful or unsuccessful  Chapter Marker exports under CC 2017?

Anyone resolved this if they had an issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

I am providing this information here, since I don’t see a better place right now. I always forget the details of what have been chapter export issues.

Platinum, I am NOT suggesting that any of these issues are your problem. The one area for you to check is that you do in fact have XMP/XMPSES files in the folder where  you exported your MPEG2 Blu-ray file. As I note below, it is possible to turn off the sidecar export, and you’d have no way of knowing that happened without checking.

Otherwise, prov

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As to why your original movie now exports/imports to Encore okay, no idea what changed.

I don't know why your new MPEG2 Blu-ray export got the error, but as I noted above, the marker information for that format is carried in both the XMP and XMPSES files. So deleting the XMPSES file did not (despite the error message's warning) prevent the chapters importing to EN.

To avoid confusion, your phrase "mpeg2 Blu-ray DVD format" combines two formats, "MPEG2-DVD" and "MPEG2 Blu-ray." I assume you meant the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I meant: "MPEG2 Blu-ray."

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a comment to the original question. It is possible to copy and paste timecode values from Premiere to Encore. You can step along the markers in Premiere copy the T/C and paste into the add chapters in Encore. Might be quicker....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Richard's description of a workaround that I have used for problematic chapters. However, I want to emphasize that there appears to be no reason that Platinum's chapters should not be importing correctly. They are working for the rest of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encore sometimes moves in misterious ways...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

". You can step along the markers in Premiere copy the T/C and paste into the add chapters in Encore. Might be quicker...."

I did exactly that the original project I had to get out the door.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe took the time to respond to my Trouble Ticket on this issue to say they resolved this the Chapter problem in the last minor release for 2017.
(They confirmed that some customers were having this issue. The guy I talked to could not explain why, other than to say some people with "certain configurations" did indeed manifest this issue ... but, not everyone.

I installed it the update and rendered a Short Film I have scheduled for a premier this month as mpeg2 DVD  and mpeg2 Blu-ray.  It worked ... this issue is fixed for me.

Thank you Adobe for resolving this issue quickly and also for your follow-up to ensure I am aware of it. THAT is the kind of service that will have customers singing your praises! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my final note that Adobe fixed this issue some customers were having. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is fascinating. Can't imagine what could have caused that, and thanks for reporting that fix. It does not appear to be in the bug fix list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help, I have one more tip to add. On my Mac using Premiere CC17 & Encore CS6, I could only get the chapters if I exported directly from Premiere, but not if I Queued it to Media Encoder CC17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines