Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2018: Markers Disappeared...

Enthusiast ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I put markers in 5 clips, with detailed comments yesterday. When I opened the project this morning, the markers in the first 4 clips had disappeared as if they never existed.

Has anyone had the same experience or anyone any thoughts?

Regards,

Graham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating! What specific dot version of PR are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 12.1.2 and still have the problem with clip markers disappearing.  I set them in the Source window, close PR, reopen the project, and they're gone.  Extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I dig further into this, it looks like this problem is only happening with audio clips and not video clips.  Markers that I set on video clips in the Source window are still there when I reopen the project.  Not so with audio clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Made extensive clip markers within a timeline on the actual clip with lots of notes on two interviews. And the markers are gone today. The markers are also completely gone in all older autosave versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on CC 12.1.1 build 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I read through this entire post I found myself getting more and more annoyed.

First of all, i am pretty sure that we are ALL having issues with markers period. having a diff post for clip markers and timeline markers is ridiculous. JUST DUMB! only difference is work flow preference. Some of our work flows require the use of CMs and others use TMs. I just happen to use both, and trust me they are both trippin'... Doesn't make any sense.

MARKERS ARE NOT WORKING!!! PERIOD! One thread... Please! Thank You!

Secondly, Stan we appreciate what you are doing, but stop. Your moderation of this entire issue is becoming more and more condescending and bordering on patronizing. That may just be me, and may not be your intention... I just felt like it needed to be said. In any case, I think we all want to hear from an actual employee of Adobe... Unless you secretly work for Adobe. If you do, that is severely  disingenuous at best...

Anyways that's all I will say for now. i need to calm myself before I write anymore; and that's if I even should. I need to be quite a bit calmer before I can even think about this again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear your frustration. It is very frustrating. I was very disappointed to find that only the main issue with sequence markers was fixed in 2018.1.2 and that the clip markers problems, and probably other marker issues, remain.

Right, I am not an Adobe employee (and not a moderator as such). Sorry if I come across as patronizing; I am a problem solver, and my natural inclination is to identify problems that need to be fixed, to understand the relevant conditions that produce the problem, and to identify workarounds in the meantime. I do believe there is a difference in the underlying problems with sequence vs clip markers. And I realize that even if that is true, it does not fix anything that is still broken. For users who are using versions earlier than 2018.1.2, neither problem is fixed. Markers are extremely important for many workflows, and the problems are very frustrating.

There is a workaround for the sequence marker problem in versions before 2018.1.2, and users still experiencing that can benefit from knowing the difference.

I too would like for an employee who knows to update us with what the official bug list has for marker issues in 2018.1.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem. When I open the project the markers are not there, but when I open the painel "MARKERS"I can see all them.

Then I opened in another station in my work and the markers was there, in the masterclips.

Premiere CC with to many amateur bugs since always. How frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On. build 12.1.2 (69)

Frack!!!  Just ran into this issue.  I probably just lost 20+ hours of work on a feature film markup.

I use markers to mark the visual slate clap(hit) on the video file and one marker on the .wav file (clap) for that hit to "snap"sync my clip.  I name these markers with the scene name and take.  This is my workflow as an assistant editor so that the scene sequences can be easily exported to XML for Editors choice of NLE.

Someone reported that all of their audio wav file markers disappeared... I had the opposite happen.  All of my video clip markers disappeared...  I originally thought that it was the RED .r3d files that I have the markers on... RED files scene and take info metadata logging is just crap... it doesn't transfer to other NLE outside of premiere.  Again that's why I use the markers, which do transfer to XML.

A possible workaround for this issue is that at the end of your day of editing... back up you scenes as Final Cut XML It preserves marker information.

Bobby F. -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to point out...

I literally watched premiere delete this markers off of my clips.. The sequence loaded just fine but as the "Loading Bar" messages on the bottom left of the UI informed that clips were still being loaded... suddenly this just disappear.   This even happens again if I reload the project file.  So in a way my markers are still their, just disappearing at scene load...

Bobby F. -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened to me and I just lost +5 hours of work. It's the second time it happened, the first i thought I did something wrong but this time I'm sure I didn't.

Premiere Pro 12.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this morning I had the same issue with no markers on my clips.

The 'problem' is that Premiere saves markers to the video file. So if you are working on a different hard drive then the one you were working on while marking, your markers are not there. After connecting my clips to the other HD, my markers appeared.

Doing some more searching, I found out this is actually a feature, not a bug... You can change the way Premiere writes down the markers in the settings under Media tab.  Check out this post for more on this Premiere Pro Clip Markers – Solved! | Creative Impatience

Update: Changing settings, reconnecting the other hard drive seemed to work, but magically the markers dissapeared. Strange thing is the markers on text clips are there.

Update: Strange things are going on 😮 My markers written after the change are visible when swapping drives, old ones fade out of the list when loading the project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific dot version of PR are you using?

I've never played with using different actual clips as you describe. I'd sure keep some backups of your project file (and data).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  A sequence that was 1hr 45min long that  I just reviewed and put markers throughout with notes for the graphic guys, (on the specific clips not the timeline).  Opening the project on a different work station with a drive clone of the media shows all of the timeline markers but all the clip markers were removed. So I've read through the thread and based on the replies I tried a work around that worked for me.

Don't know which element did the trick but here are the steps.

Saved the project with relinked media and missing markers as version 2

With every project closed I renamed the directory that contained the projects graphics and footage by just adding a 1 to the end of each of the directories file names.

Open the original project file and selected offline all as it opened. All the markers are now viewable and all media is offline.  (If you just relink the media now, the markers will disappear again so stick with me here... )

I then opened the version 2 of the project that had relinked media. I had to relink the media again... and again on that previously saved project file,  no markers on the clips.

I then dragged the timeline with offline media and visible markers to the relinked project.

... as soon as it was dragged in, and without any further effort on my part, the media immediately relinked and the markers remained. Not only that but the sequence that was already relinked without markers, immediately showed the missing markers also.

saved...

closed...

reopened and still worked.

Started drinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into the same issue on v13.1

Markers were added in Audition on audio clips rendered from PrPro. Usually this all works smoothly.

In PrPro, markers showed up at first then disappeared all at once.

Or showed up on one clip, but don't show up on other clips.

Or another scenario, markers showed up but audio waveform now gone.

Found this forum, no solution. Checked all possible settings in the workspace.

Finally, just kept opening and closing the file, quitting and restarting the program, until the markers magically showed up again. Took around 4 times to get the markers back. Just luck maybe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V12.1 I'm seeing clip markers when the media is on the timeline, but not in the source monitor. I can't move the handles from the timeline, so I'm stuck with them.
You can see the 3 markers listed in the lower panel, but in the source monitor there is nothing. Shift+M etc to go to markers don't work and the buttons are greyed out.

no markers.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines