• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEP Panel Online react JSX

Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want the CEP panel to work online, I upload it to the hosting and call it through another panel with

window.location.href = "http://myhost"

The panel opens, but the buttons stop working and do not respond. Tell me what I need to change in the logic so that JSX scripts work online?

TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

I understand now that you are asking something different.

your panel can download updated ExtendScript from a website, upon launch. See the Flickr sample, in the CEP samples repo.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That cannot work.

CEP passes ExtendScript to the host app, and no browser I know of exposes PPro's ExtendScript API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce,

Perhaps I am not formulating the question correctly.

But I wouldn't ask it. If I didn’t know about the existence of an extension for AE, which is uploaded to the hosting and calls scripts and adds expressions.

Somehow it works. And the extension works as I described above, it refers to the site within itself and can cause scripts to work within itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which extension is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is available for template authors on Videobolt.net, it is only for their author with authorization

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what VideoBolt actually is doing, but I am certain they are not directly hosting CEP panels without relying on an Adobe application to do so.

A CEP panel is hosted by an instance of Chromium, provided by an Adobe application. 

The function panels use to execute ExtendScript is evalScript(). This call passes the provided ExtendScript to the Adobe host application's scripting engine, which exists only within an Adobe application. 

Note: ExtendScript files were .jsx for many years before React existed; they are not the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When new features are added, I simply update the extension like in the browser and they are immediately available without reinstalling the extension.

Right now, I got an update notification

Harchenko_0-1658947417605.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Their panel links to a website. What opens inside the panel. And through it scripts work online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to run scripts when the extension is on my PC. Everything works through evalScript()

But when I want it to work through a website inside an extension, it doesn't work.

This is the question, how to run scripts inside the site through the extension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand now that you are asking something different.

your panel can download updated ExtendScript from a website, upon launch. See the Flickr sample, in the CEP samples repo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines