• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy Scrubbing and Blank Clips in Quicktime and VLC - HEVC Export

Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem seems to accompany upgrade to Premiere 2023. When exporting 4K HEVC at any bitrate I get choppy, lagging response when trying to scrub through the video in Quicktime 10.5. My M1 Pro Studio w/64GB RAM and ample storage does not seem to be an issue. Exports of the same timeline from previous versions of Premiere using identical settings do not cause the issue. Scrubbing is fluid and clips display fully in a file exported from Premiere 2021. I also note that, following upgrade from Pr 2021 to 2023, clips do not render in the timeline at the bottom of the QT player window (see attached screen grab). The timeline is black. Any help would be appreciated.  As a follow on, I tried playback in VLC. Same results. This seems to be a Premiere issue.HEVC No Clip.jpgHEVC with Clip.jpg

TOPICS
Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @David J5C7C  ,

Sorry for this problem. Please check out the latest beta build version from the creative cloud and let us know how it goes there.

You can download the latest Beta builds from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)/Media Encoder(Beta) 
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

If you still face this issue, please share your project files(&media) here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html and we will check on our end.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm a dual-user, both Pr and Resolve. There's issues in Resolve with I think it's 13.4 or something like that in the Mac OSs, where it constantly jerks with long-GOP 264/5 clips.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines