Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

clip changes colors by dynamic linking after effects and premiere pro

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  work with the newest version of the adobe creative suite (update automaticly). I wanted to use the "Replace with after effects composition" yesterday but it gaves me horrible colors back. The copy of the clip in premiere semms ok but after opening the comp in after effects it looks darker and not saturated. In After Effects and in premiere too. Also the render-function gaves the colors not back. I cant remember that I had this issue in former versions. Whats going wrong. Where can a connect the color space and the color work to get the same color after using the manupulating in after effects.  

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-06 um 13.53.51.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-11-06 um 13.38.39.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-11-06 um 13.59.31.png

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021
The 2022 version of Premiere Pro added several color managment settings that were not in previous versions, and that's been tripping up a lot of users. First ... for clips in a bin. Right-click/Modify/Interpret footage and check the color space options. For many things using color space over-ride to Rec.709 will be a good option if you're not actually working to get an HDR export. Next ... the Sequence Settings dialog also has a color space setting. Make sure this is what you intend to both ...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021
Hi lutz0815, We're sorry about the poor experience. I agree with Neil's suggestion.  Set the color space of the media file to Rec.709 in the Project panel (Right-click on media > Interpret Footage > Color Management > Color Space Override > Rec.709) Set the color spcae for the sequence to Rec.709 (Sequence > Sequence Settings > Working Color Space > Rec.709) Let us know if it helps in sorting the preview issue. Thanks, Sumeet

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the isue is relatet to the color space of the clip. I filmed the clip with my sony a7iii in color space Rec.2100 HLG. Looks nice in the premiere preview. If I interpret the color to Rec. 709 the nice looking preview will gone.
But the priview of the clip matches completly to the file in after effects and the preview of the clip from AE in premiere.
So far so good but when I am cutting our projects we got clips from some cameras.
Is there a possibility to show the color space in the tabs in project window or did someone know a solution for getting right colorspace into after effects and back - clicking every clip to show properties isnt a solution. I tried some combinations in the project settings of after effects but didnt found the right settings. Does dynamic link only support Rec 709?  

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-06 um 15.18.15.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lutz0815,

We're sorry about the poor experience. I agree with Neil's suggestion. 

• Set the color space of the media file to Rec.709 in the Project panel (Right-click on media > Interpret Footage > Color Management > Color Space Override > Rec.709)
  • Set the color spcae for the sequence to Rec.709 (Sequence > Sequence Settings > Working Color Space > Rec.709)

Let us know if it helps in sorting the preview issue.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this solve it - i found on YT some comments that it seems: Premiere pro and after effects will work internaly best with rec.709

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2022 version of Premiere Pro added several color managment settings that were not in previous versions, and that's been tripping up a lot of users.

First ... for clips in a bin. Right-click/Modify/Interpret footage and check the color space options. For many things using color space over-ride to Rec.709 will be a good option if you're not actually working to get an HDR export.

Next ... the Sequence Settings dialog also has a color space setting. Make sure this is what you intend to both work and export in.

Finally, the Scopes panel also has a color space setting.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 

Thanks for the suggestion. This does not work fot any graphics imported to Premiere Pro neither to After effects Dynamic Link files. I filmed in HLG in my Sony A7RIII. I could interpret the footage but when I tried to make any graphics or text animation via After effects Dynamic Link, I could not find the way to change to the correct color space on Pr or AE for thos e clips/animations. My project settings are on HLG 2100 on Pr.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines