• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Clips will not create Multi-Cam Source Sequence from Audio synchronize point

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I just started using Adobe Premiere to work on a new project with all dual-system recording. I wanted to create new syncronized clips and chose to create multi-camera source sequences. However, many of my video and matching audio clips won't sync when I select the synchronize point as audio and hit 'OK'. Premiere attempts to process the audio and pops up with "Audio synchronize failure" saying it "Could not synchronize one or more clipsin the currrent selection because a match could not be found." Yet other clips from the shoot will synchronize with no issue. All of the clips are from the same camera (.MXF files), same audio system (.WAV files). Does anyone know why this is happening and is there a way to resolve the issue? 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any other way of syncing the clips? Has a clapperboard been used? I presume you don't have matching timecode on audio and video?

Syncing by audio is a feature of 'convenience', but it shouldn't be relied upon for a whole project. Obviously it won't work if the camera is say, too far from the subject to get decent audio that will match with the audio captured from a closer mic.

If it's working on some clips then it suggests to me that the feature is working correctly, it just so happens that some clips don't have sufficiently similar audio in order to find a match.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines