Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collaborative video editing when working from home

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have a couple of users who are editing videos in Adobe Premier and collaborating on the same video, and obviously due to the pandemic they are working from home.

We have set them up with OneDrive and SharePoint so the source files sync to the cloud, and they can make the files they need available locally on their hard drives when required to work on a project, but they are not happy with this solution. They have tried saving the files to a Windows network drive and accessing them over the VPN, but obviously that's worked terribly. So they have come to us to ask for another solution.

So I'm wondering what other people are doing in your companies? I'm hoping there is some sort of best practise out there, but I'm guessing most video production is done by small freelance companies who don't have the resources to work from home and are probably working in a small office somewhere and hoping they don't catch COVID. But I'm hoping someone has implemented something that is working well.

Thanks,

Dan

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Team Projects is the form of Premiere workflow you need to use, Ann is correct about that.

As to supplying media ... TP has very specific and different media management than "stand-alone" projects. The "owner/creator" of the project adds media via typical import/ingest processes. Everyone else links to the media as available to their system through the Edit/Team Projects/Media Management dialog box. Always.

My partner is in Cape Town, SA. I'm in a small town in western Oregon, USA. We are wo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

HI Sasha,

Good question. I think you are looking for a recommendation from Adobe, but I don't think we have any official ones to make. I can offer up what I've seen work from my colleagues Dave Helmly and Jon Barrie. They showed a pretty nice workable solution from Lucid Link without a lot of cost. I don't even think you need a Teams account, but you'd need to check with Lucid Link. The Productions workflow can be taken advantage of, however, and that's what Dave and JB show in the following vid

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for clarification you guys, re: sharing stuff online etc.

is interesting but never use it as my edit computer isn't connected to internet ever ( since initial setup and updates I took out the wire to internet ).

I can use laptop with internet but screens are different so I could only look at basic stuff and not quality of images and sound etc.

I've done that and it's close enough for hobby stuff IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Sasha,

Good question. I think you are looking for a recommendation from Adobe, but I don't think we have any official ones to make. I can offer up what I've seen work from my colleagues Dave Helmly and Jon Barrie. They showed a pretty nice workable solution from Lucid Link without a lot of cost. I don't even think you need a Teams account, but you'd need to check with Lucid Link. The Productions workflow can be taken advantage of, however, and that's what Dave and JB show in the following video. Our ACPs, Neil and Mo use this setup as well and advocate for its use.

Not an official nod, just an opinion. Hope it provides some guidance.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin!  I am already in touch with LucidLink folks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My partner Mo and I have found the LucidLink staff to offer excellent support. Amazing attention to their clients.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines