• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comparison View for Multi Cam

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loving the new comparison view options to color correct clips (April 2018, CC)!

I've watched several tutorials and kicked it around... but I still can't figure out if it is capable of correcting two clips on top of each other (multi-cam) in the timeline?

Is no one else having this problem? Has this feature yet to be implemented?

Adobe has made this work nicely with one shot following the other, but I have a string of simultaneous clips. How does it work then?

Yes, it's not rocket science that I could move the clips side by side, color correct them, and then move them back but there has to be a better way. No?

Thanks in advance,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aforetaste,

I agree that this is rather confusing. Let me ask the dev team.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Aforetaste,

Are you still running into problems with this workflow?  Have you figures something out?  I wanted to let you know that Comparison View is not designed to compare clips on different tracks which are not visible.  Whats happening under the hood when you enter Comparison View mode is that a temporary clone of your sequence is being made and loaded into the reference side.  So you cannot see tracks which are obscured by higher tracks.

But you raise a really good workflow suggestion.  Multicam is actually a perfect example where Color Match would be a really powerful tool.  I suggest opening up your multicam clip as a timeline from the project panel.  Then create some temporary edits to reveal lower tracks.  Perform your Color Match work and then close up those edits.  All that color work will flow through to your editing sequence.   Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the issue. Feature request form is here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, has this issue been addressed since the last time this thread was active? I've got the same problem the original post mentions. Is one still obliged to make temporary edits etc, or is there a simpler way? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what your difficulty is, so please explain a little better. One was never obliged to make temporary edits, whatever that is.

Are you simply using the Comparison view, with 'normal' media clips, or are you working with a multicam clip/sequence, and wish to use comparison view?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply to Neil Haugen - Thanks for replying! I'm sorry I was unclear. I'm using multicam & would like to be able to use the Comparison view to look at the various cameras & adjust their color correction to match. By "temporary edits" I was referring to what francis crossman had suggested as a workaround, two post above mine, where he says:

"Multicam is actually a perfect example where Color Match would be a really powerful tool.  I suggest opening up your multicam clip as a timeline from the project panel.  Then create some temporary edits to reveal lower tracks.  Perform your Color Match work and then close up those edits.  All that color work will flow through to your editing sequence.   Hope this helps."

He made that recommendation more than two years ago, and I'm just wondering if Adobe has made any changes to the system since that time which would make it easier to compare cameras for color correction while in multicam mode. If so, I'd be grateful to know about it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty simple, though not something most think of.

The Master Clip tab is applied to all instances of a clip in your project. We'll use that "power".

Say if you've got three cams. Get one with a perhaps face that will be in all showing good. Grade that one in your normal fashion, to use for your Reference for the other two.

Then go to comparison view, and move the timeline playhead to a clip of the second cam, apply match & trim as needed.

Move the playhead to the 3rd clip, using still the Reference frame from the first one. Apply match & trim as needed.

Now for each clip, "Cut" the Lumetri from the general tab for that clip in the Effects Control Panel (ECP), and paste it on the ECP Master clip tab for that clip. This will apply that grade to all instances of that clip in the project.

And should complete your grading.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil! I will try this tomorrow morning! - Georgia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I'll try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines