• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Consolidate duplicates does not work

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have big project with some dupes in it. So when I try to use "Edit > Consolidate Duplicates" it does nothing.

So I ended up cleaning all project to three clips that are linked to exact same raw footage, no proxies attached and I nothing else in project panel, just those three clips:

shakespit_0-1633003856368.png

Still "Consolidate Duplicates" does nothing. Maybe I should look for some other places where Premiere thinks that those are different clips? Any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brillinat.  In the world of "work around" solutons for Premiere, that's a fix that's like traversing the globe --but as long as it works!

So it seems like if even one simple quantum of meta data is different between a media clips Premiere refuses to see it as the "same" and won't consolidate.  You process is basically nuking the meta data and giving Premiere a fresh look at the files.

Good job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines