• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating continuous subtitles

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Premiere Pro allow a continuos flow for Subtitling a video? Or will it have be a separate Title Clip for each subtitle sequence? 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you provide an example of what you're looking for? Are you using the brand new captions workflow with a dedicated panel and the ability to automatically transcribe your sequence and edit it before creating captions? https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the CS6.

I meant Subtitling the Dialogues.  Can one add Subtitles continuously or, only one-at-a-time.

For eg. on dedicated Subtitler formats such as Aegisub, one adds subtitles in one continuous file that can also be saved as an srt or other compatible text file formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create "titles" using the Premiere Pro CS6 Titler, or just adding text with the Text tool, you will not be able to export them as a single sidecar file.

Use the Captions panel in CS6, and the captions are added as a special type of video clip, so yes, and they are in a continuous stream.

But Aegisub, and any captioning tool including the new and old (CS6) Premiere Pro, creates individual captions as individual segments. Also, whether they are "continuous" (in a "stream") in the application (like Aegisub or Premiere Pro), they can exported as a sidecar file, such as srt.

Here's the user guide for PR captions for versions 14.9 and earlier, including CS6.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/old-captions-workflow.html

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan, thanks for your reply and inputs.

Unfortunately, I don't see any Captions tab in my options in the Project panel !!

I have PP v6.0 Mighty Kilt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG! It had been so long.... There is no caption tab in CS6 or before. Added in CS5.5 was the ability to attach a closed caption file to a sequence and view the captions using special settings in the Program Monitor. Output options were very limited.

The "old" caption workflow I am remembering was not added until PR 2015.3 or so.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines