• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor issue on timeline

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody experienced an offset in their cursor/playhead position on the timeline? It's annoying when snapping new files, trimming, or making cuts, the blue vertical line doesn't line up to where the cursor location is (see pic). Is there a fix for this? I had no luck with a search. Thanks!

23167883_10211748777489557_4345762636189608850_n.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Hi, does Windows have some scaling applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

I know Pr doesn't seem to like Windows scalings of 125%, or 175% ... so this might be affecting that? Maybe? It is a good question to ask for certain, and I hope we hear back.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are zoomed all the way in on the timeline. The little blue line off the playhead is indicating the frame you are working on.

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 6.35.38 AM.png

The frame is the smallest unit of video. You can't edit video between frames. If you need to move the playhead with more precision, you can switch the timeline by clicking the drop down menu next to the sequence name in the timeline and selecting Show Audio Units, but you will still only be able to edit video on the frame.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand all of that. But the issue is the blue line on the timeline doesn't match up to the playhead, which is should and it has. I am not sure if there is a shortcut I mistakenly pressed that made this happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or Mac?

Premiere Version Number?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

PP 2018 v12.0.0 build 224

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a windows person, so you'll have to wait for someone with windows experience to reply - having said that I seem to recall seeing posts that say this issue (on windows) was caused by video card driver issues - either the driver was too old or too new.

I'd wait until one of the windows experts posts.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not appear this way for me on Windows 10 Pro (1703) using a GTX1070 with driver version 388.13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out what the blue triangle next to the playhead is called? And how to fix this issue? Or is it not an issue.

I've noticed at times that when I make a cut my cut doesnt allign properly with my playhead...and I always thought this tiny offset was the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? Mine is doing the same thing and I've found no solutions for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about having the little blue flag out to the right of the playhead, that's ... the whole playhead. It isn't an "offset", that's just the length of the frame on the timeline because you're zoomed in so far. The bar is at the beginning, the flag is the full length of the current frame.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so i'm a bit late to the party but i just noticed this.
the problem is if i go to the next edit, and i set an out, it puts it one frame after the cut.
so i am supposed everytime to go to edit, go back one frame and then mark out?
it seems weird, maybe i am missing something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CTI/playhead is not a "divider", it's actually attached to a frame ... the one behind it. So yea, it seems odd at first.

You can either go to next edit point/back up one frame, or ... they have a keyboard shortcut you can go in and assign that goes to the last frame of the current edit object/clip.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and respondends seem to be misunderstanding what the problem is. My playhead is 4 frames behind the shot/audio in the program window. This seems to have happened since I upgraded from an old imac to a new Windows Laptop (Intel Core i7-12800H v Pro. NVIDIA RTC A1000 4GB, GDDR6. Windows 11 Pro)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is it the case regardless the zoom ratio you are looking at the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.... that is just totally bizarre! You tap say the Up arrow to get to the next clip, but the CTI is still well back in the previous clip, while you see the first frame of the next clip in the program monitor.

Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does Windows have some scaling applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Pr doesn't seem to like Windows scalings of 125%, or 175% ... so this might be affecting that? Maybe? It is a good question to ask for certain, and I hope we hear back.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @PECourtejoie and @R Neil Haugen you were spot on! I had Windows scaling of 120%. All fixed now after a restart. 🙂

I will describe the problem again (better) for anyone else who encounters the problem: When zoomed out on the timeline, the clips start playing to early - up to a second before the playhead reaches the clip. The gap becomes less as you zoom in on the timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies @PECourtejoie - I answered yes but should have been no. Zooming in and out on the timeline does change how early the clip starts playing. The more I zoom out the worse it gets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines