Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor too large

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. New here.

So I have a new laptop and bluetooth mouse. When I use PP on the laptop screen everything is perfect. But when I use PP on my 27 inch Benq screen I have an issue with the mouse cursor. It is fine and the normal size when it's just the arrow moving around the screen, but when you go to use the cursor to say trim a clip or drag a clip up and down, the icon become large until you have completed the move or task then it goes back to the normal sized arrow.

Any ideas on what's happening and how to fix it ?

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trash preferences see if that will help.

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

or reinstall mouse software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried both of those things and it still does it.

Any further suggestions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only does it on the actual timeline. Not anywhere else on PP. It's just when moving or trimming clips etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have your display setting in windows  other then the recommended resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes both recommended resolution settings.

I just tried another mouse and it does the same so it's not that.

It's just PP on my large monitor...just on the time line52373534_383312982481505_5397595717118197760_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adjustment layer is not suppose to be red either.

Clean install? Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Reinstall or update graphiccard driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The adjustment layer is pink not red (just the photo). It's always been pink.

The laptop is about 3 days old and fresh install of Adobe CC

Plus it doesn't do this on the laptop screen, just on my 27inch Benq monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a Benq monitor firmware update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was yes which I hadn't done and tried. But unfortunately it didn't fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other ideas anyone ? It's so annoying ! haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is so annoying. Why haven’t Adobe addressed this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem, contacted Adobe who couldn't seem to help. I don't know if you are in the same situation as me, but my laptop is 4k and the Dell second monitor is 1080. I downscaled the laptop to 1080 and it seems to have fixed the problem. Looks like I'll have to upgrade monitor to get the most out of the laptop if I want two screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue in all CC APPS on my second monitor.

The problem is the way ADOBE is handling monitor scaling.

My main laptop display is 4k and my 2nd is 1440p,  I have 200% scaling in windows for my 4k display, so CC apps are using that...

Adobe needs to fix this... unless you run your main display at 100% scaling, which I can't because it would make my main display unusable.

ADOBE FIX THIS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, absolutely. Using a 4K laptop to extend to a 1080p screen is the problem. Changing resolution on laptop doesn’t actually seem to help. Would having a 4K monitor help instead? Don’t really want to fork out more just because Adobe have this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, you and I or any other customer should not have to change monitors. I'll search the bug reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I work on a UHD laptop and a UHD dell monitor but I change the resolution to 1080 on both monitors for OBS capture. When I wasn't capturing I left the settings and went into Adobe noticing the same problem. 

The only fix I could manage was at the minimum, switching the 2nd display (where I run adobe) back to UHD settings (3840x2160) and I left monitor 1 (main display) on 1920x1080. They could both be in 4k and the problem would not even reveal itself. 

I can't find the setting, but it appears to me that Adobe knows and runs determining the system is 4k, so even though text scales correctly with resolution (an obvious thing to program in) the cursor icons don't do the same. If there was a way we could tell adobe to run in HD system settings instead of what the computer tells adobe, it might fix the problem all together, but I can't find any setting like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we have the same issue with a similar configuration (e.g. Dell Precision Laptop with a 4K integrated monitor, connected to an external 3840x1080 Monitor).

Our systems are running under Windows 10 Pro.

We have configured them to avoid any auto-update without our prior active consent.

So no OS/Driver or software update since the last 2 months, when the system was considered stable for our workflow.

No hardware change as well.

The main screen (Laptop 4k) is set to scale up to 200%. Going back to 100% solves the issue, but leave the screen unworkable.

The issue is only visible within the Adobe Premiere Pro timeline, on the editing tools cursors only.

2 of our 5 systems are affected..

Please Adobe, could you provide us with clues/fix as soon as possible ?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, please provide some feedback... this is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, just an update. The solution for me was to disable my primary monitor which was offering a higher resolution than the others. Once, I disabled I restarted my machine and it seems to of worked.

So, if you are using a dual monitor setup, make sure both monitors offer similar resolution if not, try another screen. It really seems to be an issue with the monitors, and not the application front-end. I mean, don't get me wrong Adobe should really cater to this, but at least we have some idea of where the issue lies.

Adobe, please for the love of christ, look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked for me! Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating. I have the same problem. Also occurs with Adobe Animate... any solutions to this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, this has been bugging the life out of me for ages.

I just found this article and it has sorted it out for me! Absolute sanity saver in After Effects.

https://danantonielli.com/app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix-2019/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines