• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom After Effects MOGRT files not displaying correctly in Premiere

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of expression driven Ae comps that have been exported as Motion Graphic Templates for use in Premiere. They were all working fine until most recent update and now they display as blurry and sharp intermittently giving a horrible flickering effect or just a horrible blurry effect, like they are being displayed at a much lower resolution. Does anyone have any idea why the quality of the display (which carries through to export) should be behaving this way ?

Many thanks...James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

I think I have solved this problem (at last).

Not sure exactly which parameter, but I suspect the composition settings.

I changed my Ae colour management to none, and the space to 2.2rgb.

I changed the project settings to 32bit.

And here is the one I think, in composition settings I checked preserve frame rate and resolution when nested.

Have re-exported all the troublesome .mgrt files and used them in Premiere and boom, pin sharp.

Thank you all to those who replied and hopefully, if there is anyone

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more information you can provide about how they were created, what effects are used in them, how you exported/imported them from Ae into Premiere the better we'll be able to offer ideas.

It's been some months since the last Premiere update I believe.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as Neil stated, the more info you provide, the better:

01. premiere pro and AE versions

02. System specs

is your system running in English? if no you have to run Expression Universalizer on all comps before exporting mogrts from AE.

make sure GPU acceleration is enable inside Premiere Pro or try to update your GPU driver directly from the vendor's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos,

After many failed calls and remote access sessions I decided to wait for the 2020 (MAX) updates to see if the problem was irradicated. It was not. If I create the simplest of .mgrt files (a rectangle shape with some text on top, animating into the screen), using almost brand new computers running the latest NVIDIA RTX 2070 drivers the problem persists. Very blurry graphics, with the ocassional sharp frame (often ends up looking flickery depending how many sharp frames vs blurry frames). Weirdly, if I stop the Premiere cti on a blurry frame, then change anything in the Essential Graphics (edit) panel, the graphic becomes sharp (for that frame), if I then change back to original content it becomes blurry again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James,

That's horrid behavior.  No question.

On the ones you create, are those created in Ae or Pr?

I can't replicate. Teaching Assistant for 6 computer labs here at Adobe MAX all involving mogrts fr some if not the whole class. All working fine across a couple hundred computers.

But I'm around some of the team, so I'll see if I can get one of them to check this out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil,

All created in Ae.

Just about o leave office now but I will try and expand, perhaps upload some visuals tomorrow.

You are right about horrid behaviour, the .mogrt files I have created were really working well across a Premiere edit team of four.

Self producing huge numbers of their own graphics.

Ta...J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have solved this problem (at last).

Not sure exactly which parameter, but I suspect the composition settings.

I changed my Ae colour management to none, and the space to 2.2rgb.

I changed the project settings to 32bit.

And here is the one I think, in composition settings I checked preserve frame rate and resolution when nested.

Have re-exported all the troublesome .mgrt files and used them in Premiere and boom, pin sharp.

Thank you all to those who replied and hopefully, if there is anyone else out there with the same problem this will work for you.

I keep my fingers crossed that this is an end to the issue.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

James,

Thanks for posting back the solution you found!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines