Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dynamic link not working

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

dynamic link is not working between PP and AE ... It opens a new AE project when selected, the composition icon is there, but there's nothing on the timelime, no video no nothing ... even more annoyingly when I try to get customer support using "chat" it seems that option isn't open to me !

Any ideas??

I'm sitting in an edit getting mighty frustrated....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My dynamic link isn't working at all. AE will open up, but no footage appears in the project and i'm forced to quit PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, is there a fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Code: mklink /J "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2020" In This Video We Will See How To Connect Adobe Media Encoder To After Effects or AEGP Plugin AEDynamiclinkserver Adobe Media Encoder Is Not Installed (5027 :: 12) Here Are The Steps To Connect Adobe Media Encoder To After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 2020 doesn't link with Adobe After Effects 2020. It says After Effects is not installed, when it is and is running.

Why is this so difficult... I really hoped you'd improve this feature, not break it. Please hire more QA testers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

I have installed Premiere/AE 2020 - Dynamic Link is gone - even in the older Versions.

No chance to work on my projects.

Premiere is not recognizing After Effects any longer.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here with After Effects 2020 and Media Encoder 2020. It says Media Encoder is not installed.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-20 um 15.10.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is exactly why im not upgrading. I never upgrade when they release a new build. They always break things with new releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can this thread be marked as solved when you haven't offered any solution whatsoever? 
I keep having this issue no matter the version installed. Currently I'm working with the latest versions and the issue is still present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me: In Premiere the "Dynamic Link" is greyed out so that I cannot import anything via the link. I'm working with the newest versions of both Premiere and After Effects. So what is the problem? And how can I fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Same issue here.  The dynamic Link seems to break, each time a new automatic update is installed. The pattern appears to be a clean-up issue with prior versions, but I still have not nailed it down.  I also get a similar "after effects" not installed issue when using some motion Graphics Templates (which was my work-around that I've had to try to get Titles and graphics that don't rely on After Effects).  I've manually deleted files on prior versions to fix the issue, but this time nothing seems to resolve the problem.  Please upgrade this issue's priority.  If the 'suite of tools' is not reliable to work together, then the justification for the Adobe suite starts to fade.  Attention to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it and it is working for me. Right-click an .mxf and selected Replace with After Effects Composition and AE opened and all was well. Then I clicked an .mp4 in PP and did as above, it nicely used the same project that was then open and added a new, numbered comp. So, make sure your versions match AE and PP. The numbers are not the same unfortunately but they do need to match for instance most recent PP and most recent AE. Mine are:

Win 1903

PP 14.0

AE 17.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update? Struggling with this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the problem with the selection "Replace with After Effects Compostion" being grayed out. When I used the other Adobe Dynamic Link available choice of "New After Effects Composition," the AE comp would appear with no video.

What I learned was that I had to SELECT the video (and audio if you want) in the Premiere timeline and THEN the option to "Replace with After Effects Compostion" was available, and the video (and audio) would properly import into AE.

- Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My .aep comps were appearing Offline Media in .proj. I could not Link Media because the second dialogue box (Dynamic Link connecting) never populated any comps.

I was running up-to-date Apps, signed into CC, and no firewall.

The solution was to uninstall PP, AE, AME, and install the previous versions of all apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Code: mklink /J "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2020" In This Video We Will See How To Connect Adobe Media Encoder To After Effects or AEGP Plugin AEDynamiclinkserver Adobe Media Encoder Is Not Installed (5027 :: 12) Here Are The Steps To Connect Adobe Media Encoder To After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines