Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Efficient way to replace footage

Engaged ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I was using Premiere to mix photos with live footage and did a preliminary comp. After approval, I edited the images and exported them, replacing the ones previously used for the Premiere project.

Now I have to click on every single image I edited (filenames are exactly the same), "replace footage", go through 8 levels of folders (I copied the path to save that extra hour) to exactly the file that is, pretty much, part of the project anyway.

1) is there a more intelligent way to batch replace lots of different footage files, like images?

2) probably a Windows thing, but why won't it remember the folder and instead always goes back to the video folder? 

There must be a smarter way, delete the cache?  

TOPICS
How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Have you tried making all the material offline and then relink one of the assets? Usually, PPro is intelligent enough to find the missing clips....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried making all the material offline and then relink one of the assets? Usually, PPro is intelligent enough to find the missing clips....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like an excellent workaround.

Though I'd prefer sort of an intelligent function, like in InDesign - if one linked file gets altered in the slightest way, you get a warning and can update the file in one click. CS4, btw...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link media option has been there since - I'm guessing here - CS6 too...

But if you have ideas on how to improve the feature, please feel free to use the option Help > Provide feedback ... from the program menu.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Link Media" obviously slipped me, wrongly assuming everything worked like InDesign. I'll check it out asap.

Much appreciated, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines