• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Emulating live streaming and comments for short film

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am making a short film about a live streamer (a person who broadcasts themselves on the internet doing various things, whilst people watch them and interact via chatting) and will be editing with Premiere Pro. My question is this: How do I emulate/add in an overlay like the one that live streamers use on platforms such as Twitch or YouTube, and show the comments that people make in the chat? 

I have attached pictures for clarity. live streamer 2.jpglive streamer.jpg

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that's going to be a lot easier to do in After Effects. You can create your design in Photoshop or Illustrator, and import it into After Effects to animate. Then you can either export your animation (or use Dynamic Link to bring your After Effects composition into Premiere with a live link), stick your video on top of it so it looks like everything is combined, and finalize your video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean I would need to pay/install photoshop and after effects whilst paying for premiere pro? Is there no way to do this using only PP? 

Also, how would I go about adding in fake comments for my actor to read, as if users are commenting on his stream? Further, I would be using fake donations, is this possible/difficult to do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This would be incredibly difficult and messy to do using only Premiere since you would need a ton of layer and would want to do a lot of keyframed animation. Maybe you can find a set of stock footage/animation that replicates the overlay feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines