• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore error code 3 vas file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried consistently importing and re-importing, changing file names, moving where files are located, or destined, I have re-encoded the film twice today and still getting the same error code, it would seem adobe no longer support this software fully, how do I go forward here? I have a client waiting on a Blu-ray disc of their wedding.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Stan+Jones  wrote

A great point Neil. I pointed out the ampersand in post 3, and I don't think we ever heard how that poster fared.

But in the many tests that followed, simple, legal filenames have a problem. I can find no difference (e.g. MediaInfo) between a 2017 file that works, and a 2018/19 file that does not.

And fascinating that Win 7 compatibility works.

Fascinating - and I suspect bloody infuriating for those affected.

There are 2 other solutions I can give t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree that all these problems with created by AME 2018 are indeed a pain.

Question is ...will Adobe AME team ever fix this problem ?

It is somewhat annoying when you are paying Creative Suite fees per month - then get an update of SW - then the whole thing falls flat on its face and no way (other than the time consuming work arounds) to get this working again.

Has anyone tried the current AME H264 BluRay Export files with another Blu Ray author build software to successfully create an ISO (burnable) image?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add

If you want to support getting this problem looked at by the Adobe Media Encoder engineering team - follow link below and vote which is the User Feedback and Bug Report website for AME development

I posted a report there a few days ago.

Link : Fix errors in H264 Blu Ray encoded files - AME 2018 – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the Issue fixed with new release today?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see it on the list of bug fixes and the known issues has not been updated yet. I'm in the process of a reinstall, and loading PR CS6/Encore now. I'll test when I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it is not fixed. I created a small test file in PR and exported as H.264 Blu-ray. Opened EN, created a simple menu, imported the m4v and wav "as timeline," linked to menu, and build to folder ends with the ves error.

Upvote the bug report in JonesVid post # 35.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried a test to see if this is resolved yet with the very latest Premiere Pro 2019 release 13.0.2 /AME I think ?

I don't see any reference at all to this bug.

No comment from Adobe engineering either on the bug/feature request site about fixing the H264 Export for Blu Ray from Adobe Media Encoder

Are they hoping customers will give up and forget it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see an export where I was testing, but I don't see an Encore project, so perhaps I didn't complete the test.

My test today confirms that this bug is not fixed in 2019.0.2. Same test method: I created a small test file in PR and exported as H.264 Blu-ray. Opened EN, created a simple menu, imported the m4v and wav "as timeline," and linked to menu. Build to folder ends with the ves error.

I believe they will fix this bug, but until they do, here is my list of workarounds in no particular order:

Install PR and/or AME 2017 and use them to create the H.264 Blu-ray format export,

Use MPEG2 Blu-ray from PR 2018,

Export a regular H.264 (not H.264 Blu-ray) using higher bitrate to maintain maximum quality - and then let Encore re-transcode it,

Use a lossless intermediate from PR and let Encore transcode, or

Frameserve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the Code 3 and 13 Errors while trying to build a bluray image with h264 bluray clips encoded with newest Pr Pro CC 2019 and Media Encoder version. it was driving me crazy. I kept replacing and reexporting clips from the Premiere Project but everytime another

file caused the errors. When i set the encore executable to Win 7 Compatibility and administrative rights every problem is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And naming convention is important. No spaces or special chars. These where also causing error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - is There a solition for macuser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which problem are you having? I am not convinced the Win 7 compatibility fixes the H.264 transcoding from 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto.

I have a project that gets updated every year. Each year, the client needs me to add one more video to their show reel. I created the 2018 video in PremPro, encoded as H264bluray with AME, import into Encore, build ISO - and when it gets to the very end - I get the same message. I removed the 2018 video from the project and presto, the ISO burns without a hitch.

I managed to re-encode the video using MPEG-2 bluray, and it worked fine. I guess you could say it's not a big compromise for me. No one is going to notice the difference. Still, I hope it gets resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue is a AME issue, not a Encore issue. As we all pay for AME, this issue has to be fixed.

Thank You.

BD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it should be fixed. In my tests, exports from PR and AME cause the issue, not just AME.

Contrary to my post 61 above, my test yesterday showed that Win7 compatibility was a workaround. More testing needed, but it makes me wonder if there is an interaction between version of Windows and the latest PR/AME?

Re: "device not ready", Code; "3" Note; "File can not open" I'm considering giving up on encore and ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to report success after I found the Encore executable and set to Win 7 compat. mode and Admin user!

I just started having this same problem (Code 3 .ves on Blu-ray ISO build) yesterday. Glad I finally checked this forum. I'm using the latest versions of all the programs on Win 10. And Premiere exports to h264 Bluray preset. I could not build ISO nor burn directly to disk from Encore. I was able to build a DVD folder from a Blu-ray project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue is a AME issue, not a Encore issue. As we all pay for AME, this issue has to be fixed.

Thank You.

BD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Issue also occurs on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2. Not Windows exclusively related.

BD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reminder that this error also affects Macs. I could not remember, but this thread had several users reporting:

Re: Encore error code 3 vas file

Obviously, the win7 compatibility does not apply. Is there any parallel? Do we know whether it affects different Mac OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you Upvote the bug report in JonesVid post # 35?  I've never done that and searched and couldn't find.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link takes me directly to that item and the vote button is on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, but what link?  (Clearly I'm new to this forum haha)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you--I voted and posted a comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue recently. What I simply did "by accident" was not rename the image file. I just left it as "Untitled Project" and surprisingly it processed with no issues. Then after finishing processing I renamed my image file .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how that could matter, but Audrey things have happened before! I'll test this later today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines