Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 16 on Windows 10 Help !!

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

So I have a Windows 10 computer, and have downloaded the Premiere Pro Program today. However, when the download is finished, I have an Error 16 message, telling me to uninstall/install the program. I've done that and nothing doesn't work.

I went on this link : Erreur de configuration dans Adobe Creative Cloud ou Adobe Creative Suite , it's in French but that's what Adobe recommends us to do to fix the problem.

I've followed through all the steps, which were really not clear, because I couldn't find half of the commands (even though I assure you I've looked and looked, and even searched online).

Do anyone had that problem? How did you fix it? Or do you have any ideas?

Thank you so much for your help community!

Hoping to hear from you soon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just been directed here as since upgrading on my Mac I cannot open any premier pro projects.

This thread is completely irrelevant. Its all about Windows it seems to start with and my crashes are happening on a Mac.

How useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"

I too was directed here after Premiere CC 2017 crashed on me. This forum seems to be unrelated to my crash. I'm working on a mac, not a pc, and I was not told to uninstall and reinstall software.

Premiere Pro 2017 crashes daily, but this was the first time I was told Adobe had found a "workaround" for my issue. But leading me here is a waste of my time."

Same thing here, come on! fix this, customers are waiting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a message from Adobe saying there is a work around for the last crash... I’m on a Mac??? What’s up with that Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was directed here too and I work on a mac AND I haven't upgraded to the new version because I want to finish my project before I do.  so whats up Adobe - why all the sudden weird crashing and being sent here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Managed to get through to an Adobe support chat agent.  We reviewed the windows event viewer log. Here's the response: "Found nvopencl.dll error, please update your GPU drivers."

Did so and that seems to have solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, makes sense but we're on Macs here and there are no updates for the NVIDIAK5000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This randomly happened to my recent project.  A GPU driver reinstall didn't solve the problem, however - new projects are unaffected and a previous auto-save allowed me to carry on with my edit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're about evenly split between Mac/PC.  I've successfully updated iMacs of various vintage but haven't tried the MacPro systems yet.  So your mileage may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANSWER. Mac OS X

I too was sent to this forum when Premier repeatedly kept crashing as I attempted to set up a new project. As I moved media from the media browser to a bin, crash.

This is what I did to move forward (fells backwards).

Click the icon in menu bar to open Adobe apps, scroll down to premier. If it says "OPEN" then you already have the latest version (and its crashing). Click on the drop down arrow to install a legacy version. Choose the latest 2017 version.  (2018 latest version is crashing).

Install this (and 2017 media encoder should auto instal) and use this legacy version until Adobe fixes the bugs.

Hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was lead here by Premiere CC 2018 upon a crash. I do have constant crashes on a project I have been working with no trouble for more than two months by now, but since yesterday the project started crashing Premiere upon 'save as..' or just after opening the project, waiting to load the files and just touching the timeline or something.

Feels like a memory problem.

But I don't know why I am explaining this here. Is this some kind of crash club everyone is directed to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crash club member #1007 Directed here following Premiere Pro CC2018 crash on Windows 7 Professional.

Not answered. Senseless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been crashing over and over for 4 days ADOBE - whats up why does it keep bringing me here. I did along chat session for 2 hours and I recreated 1 cause of the crash but the tech had no idea how to fix it or make it stop. I'm on mac and cc 2017 - why am I here?  My hypothes is that there is some type of back end  update coding issue that has occured even though I haven't updated my in several months. but who knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK guys, so we have been dragged to this Crash Club here despite the thread isn't particularly related to our respective crashes.

Anyway, in my case I solved the issue.

I had a BIG project which apparently went corrupt some 5 saves ago, growing with crashes, to the point It crashed Premiere Pro as soon as I loaded the project and made one or two clicks in the timeline. I tried to reset Premiere to defaults (alt+shift at the time of starting premiere) and a couple other things but I'm pretty sure one of these two things solved the problem (i did the two at the same time so I can't really tell, but I think it was 2).

1: I deleted the .PRV folders which contained the preview files for the project

2: I created a new project and imported the whole 'corrupt' project into that.

No crashes anymore and Premiere runs a lot more smoothly now. My deadline is not dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Emilio.

Where are the .prv files located, in the media cache? Also, did you delete all the .prv files or just the ones associated with the "corrupt" project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's always a super helpful thing to do. If this doesn't work, the more extreme solution is to generate a Final Cut Pro XML and import it back into Premiere Pro. You will loose many effects applied to clips, but it completely clears up an edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Focus of this Page seems to be addressing one person's problems with installing Adobe Premiere Pro CC on a computer.  Yes, that is problematic at times in itself.  However, I was directed here after one of the frequent crashes with PP while using a Boris Continuum plugin. 

Adobe's solution redirects during a "crash report" are not at all accurate and I my humble opinion can be ignored. 

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on a mac the BCC 9 plugs were what was causing my newly installed premier 2018 to crash before finishing the loading/splash screen. uninstalled them and premier 2018 launched and seems to be working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines